News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Resident Evil

Resident Evil is my all time favorite video game series. I am an absolute nut for survival horror games, and something about Resident Evil has a special place in my heart. The GameCube exclusives were my favorites. The remake of the first one and Resident Evil Zero were fantastic. I haven't gotten to play the Wii ports and the new Umbrella Chronicles. Chiefly because I gave the Wii to the ex-wife.

Distinguished Moron Hunter.jpg

Master Moron Hunter.jpg

RE 2 and 3 were just ports of the Playstation versions, so there wasn't much improvement. Still good games, nonetheless.

screenshot_2010-07-12-11-47-16.jpg

screenshot_2010-07-12-11-49-14.jpg

Code Veronica was very good as well, I loved the dynamic camera angles, and the music. I have that on PS2.

screenshot_2010-07-12-11-49-20.jpg

The others I have on GameCube. Resident Evil 4 is where the series started to diverge a bit. It was still a good game, but it tended more toward the action, and less toward the creepy horror aspect. It was a mixed bag. Impressive in some respects, but a disappointment to the horror buff in me.

screenshot_2010-07-12-11-50-38.jpg

Now we come to Resident Evil 5. It's been out for quite a while and I still haven't bought it. I downloaded the demo on XBox Live, and I have to say, it was the first RE game I just had a "meh" feeling about. It was graphically gorgeous, and had some fantastic game mechanics, but it just felt like a third person shooter to me. There was no creepy mystery aspect to it. It was just blast the zombies. I'm not sure I'm going to spend my hard earned coin on it. Maybe when it gets to the sub $30 range.

screenshot_2010-07-12-11-50-42.jpg

Since then, I've been exploring the Silent Hill series more. I really do enjoy it, but it will always just be a close second to Resident Evil.

I have Silent Hill 2 for the original Xbox (Playable on my 360) and Silent Hill: Homecoming for the 360. They're both very good. I haven't played the first one much, due to it being very difficult to come by.

I have Silent Hill 2 for the original Xbox (Playable on my 360) and Silent Hill: Homecoming for the 360. They're both very good. I haven't played the first one much, due to it being very difficult to come by.

Graphics for the first one is quite dated but it is very good. I've got the first two. If you can find a copy of the first game you'll enjoy it immensely.

Graphics for the first one is quite dated but it is very good. I've got the first two. If you can find a copy of the first game you'll enjoy it immensely.

I found it on E-Bay for $14. I might order it.

What did you think of the movies of both Resident Evil and Silent Hill?
I didnt mind the RE movies, except the last one, no naked milla. I havent seen the SH movie was it any good?

I really liked the Silent Hill movie. I think it was done very well. It was appropriately creepy, and seemed to capture the essence pretty well. I haven't seen the last Resident Evil movie though, so I can't speak on that one.

What did you think of the movies of both Resident Evil and Silent Hill?

SH captured more of the feel of the games where RE was just more of a mindless popcorn flick. It also made me realize that Mila's tits are horrible. Nipples that can gouge out your eyes from a hundred feet away. Ugh.

If you're a SH fan or basically a fan survival\horror games\movies then SH would be it. SH brings out the "OH SHIT!" in you whereas RE brings out the "AWW SHIT!" in you, especially from the later movies.

I couldn't agree more. I love the Resident Evil games, but the movies were kinda so-so. The Silent Hill movie was a real horror film. I wonder if they plan on any sequels to it.

I couldn't agree more. I love the Resident Evil games, but the movies were kinda so-so. The Silent Hill movie was a real horror film. I wonder if they plan on any sequels to it.

As far as I know, they are going to film it this year for next year's release.

As far as I know, they are going to film it this year for next year's release.

I can't wait until that one comes out. Have you seen the new one that just came out for the Wii? "Shattered Memories"

silent_hill_shattered_memories_frontcover_large_VlGTI4tBzDkDten.jpg

Well, I finally bought Resident Evil 5. Found it on sale for $25. I played for about 3 hours last night. I found I enjoyed it more if I didn't think of it in terms of a Resident Evil game. Because, other than some familiar characters and items it's nothing LIKE a Resident Evil game. It's a 3rd person shooter with zombie-like characters. There's no mystery, no creepiness, no spookiness, no puzzles, etc. It's just a run and gun shooter. Which is fine, but it doesn't make it Resident Evil. Anyway, I'm going to hold off on a complete review of it until I finish the game.

the resident evils on ps1 were never surpassed alll 3 of them are epic.