News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Reason I think type three phaser rifle design general issue weapon

Point is Type three phaser rifle is complex good Major complain talk how much better Cardassion phaser rifle was field weapon.

Three points I like make

First how armor works in Star Trek is mean have use more power bring enemy we saw this with Klingons in Star Trek TNG heart of glory. In major fire fight we do want weapon run enengry sooner then it has to do.

UFP multi battles go on though out it territory phaser rifle type 3 work go general issue weapon were some enemies were good armor, other wear poor armor and some were no armor. 

The reason Kira said that the Cardassian disruptor rifle was better than Starfleet's phaser rifle was due to the fact that Cardassian rifles were "solid and simple".  They were easy to maintain, and you could drag them through mud, and they'd still fire.

Yes that is the reason Kira said that UFP did make weakness in their design. However she also complain then being lot more complex and stated lot more can go wrong not good field weapon. Again taking into account differnet level and types armor enemies of Federation wear different setting allow more effective fighting multi different kinds of enemies armor. 

Enigma do even read what I write. What I saying is that because many different races that UFP face design general issue one design effective against multi different types armor.. Be jack of all trades as you put good general issue one.