News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What about Prometheus-class starship vs a Star Destoryer.

Seeing how that Prometheuse class starship destory these Romunlan warbirds and seeing how the Prometheuse class starship split into three starships it could most likley could destroy a Star Destoryer.

Seeing how that Prometheuse class starship destory these Romunlan warbirds and seeing how the Prometheuse class starship split into three starships it could most likley could destroy a Star Destoryer.

You are a complete and utter moron. Are you saying that the Prometheus out guns and out armours the ISD? Go back to la la land.

A it phaser eat up a Romulan warbird number of secounds and split it self up making harder target for the star destroyer to hit. I think Star Destroy gunners unable to hit it to begging with and phaser break shields of that star destroyer . We never in the movies saw it hit a smell target. Beside Prometheus-class starship can be control by computer system on board making even harder to hit. I say best hope Star Destroyer starship have against that ship is to retreat to fight another day.

You are a fucking moron. A 2 year old kid with severe Down's Syndrome and has one quarter of a brain is overwhelmingly smarter than you. I am surprised that you have enough brain cells to rub together to enable you to breathe. I'd pay for you to debate against a fetus about Star Trek but we all know you'd lose.

You really think a heavily armed multi megaton Star Destroyer with hundreds of turbolaser batteries plus other weapons like the ion cannons would not be enough to destroy a multi kiloton Prometheus? Are you on crack?

I a hard time believing a star destory can even hit a Prometheus class starship once divides up. Part reason Star Terk weapons so often miss because some from electrical warfare. That cause the Star destroy problem other thing computer system making even harder target to hit. Yes it would be a few hours but the star destroyer not survival the fight.

I a hard time believing a star destory can even hit a Prometheus class starship once divides up. Part reason Star Terk weapons so often miss because some from electrical warfare. That cause the Star destroy problem other thing computer system making even harder target to hit. Yes it would be a few hours but the star destroyer not survival the fight.

The reason Star Trek weapons miss is from electronic warfare? Let's see you prove that one.

Then you can prove that Star Wars ships can't deal with the energy output of the reactor of the capacity that you've proved Star Trek ships have.

Hell, you can target a ship accelerating at .25 G (as you proved) visually. And unlike ST, Star Wars ships have local control visual systems.

I go with the Prometheus.

Again, the average Firepower in SW is nowhere near the ICS levels, as shown many times in the movies, and in fact is comparable to ST.

The reason I think the Prometheus can win is that is has all the neat Tech ST has develloped:

-Ablative Armor, meaning even without shields it can take a beating, just like the Defiant;

-Regenerative Shielding, meaning the shields wil take some time to take down and may even come back up after, while once the ISD's go down, they stay down ;

-The most powerful Phaser type, and QTs, meaning it packs just as much of a punch as an ISD, judging by their respective ROF;

-Maneuverability advantage over the ISD;

Easy fight?

Hell no!

Quick fight?

Hell no!

Walk away unscathed?

Hell no!

But the Prometheus will limp away the victor...

The reason Star Trek weapons miss is from electronic warfare? Let's see you prove that one.

Then you can prove that Star Wars ships can't deal with the energy output of the reactor of the capacity that you've proved Star Trek ships have.

Hell, you can target a ship accelerating at .25 G (as you proved) visually. And unlike ST, Star Wars ships have local control visual systems.

How many times have we seen a Jam Hardar attack ship miss the USS Defiant? I have lost count. We see the Jam Hardar attack fighters not have any problem hitting a runabout.

My link

I go with the Prometheus.

Again, the average Firepower in SW is nowhere near the ICS levels, as shown many times in the movies, and in fact is comparable to ST.

The reason I think the Prometheus can win is that is has all the neat Tech ST has develloped:

-Ablative Armor, meaning even without shields it can take a beating, just like the Defiant;

-Regenerative Shielding, meaning the shields wil take some time to take down and may even come back up after, while once the ISD's go down, they stay down ;

-The most powerful Phaser type, and QTs, meaning it packs just as much of a punch as an ISD, judging by their respective ROF;

-Maneuverability advantage over the ISD;

Easy fight?

Hell no!

Quick fight?

Hell no!

Walk away unscathed?

Hell no!

But the Prometheus will limp away the victor...

Puhleeze. Go to theforce.net and be enlightened.

How many times have we seen a Jam Hardar attack ship miss the USS Defiant? I have lost count. We see the Jam Hardar attack fighters not have any problem hitting a runabout.

My link

Right, and that proves, what, exactly? You provided a hypothesis and now are providing circumstantial evidence for it while ignoring other conclusions. The Defiants speed could be part of the issue. So could its hull form. Since we have no idea how targeting works, discussion of EW is meaningless.

Unless you'd care to disprove your own statements about Voyager's acceleration, the Star Destroyer's visual targeting should be enough.

Watch this video and see how Valint able get a scan of the Dominion battleship with out getting detect.

My link

Watch this video and see how Valint able get a scan of the Dominion battleship with out getting detect.

My link

What was that supposed to prove?

I have better for electrical warfare example then this anyway. The fact birds of prey miss the USS Enterprise Twice during battle we talking about is evidence own right. Watch video..

My link

I have better for electrical warfare example then this anyway. The fact birds of prey miss the USS Enterprise Twice during battle we talking about is evidence own right. Watch video..

My link

An old obsolete ship (probably crewed by the equivalent of somali pirates) missed twice. That proves that the Federation is the most powerful group ever conceived. No... wait... that ever could be conceived.

Moron... Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Those Klingon soldiers you talking and compare then to Somali pirates aid in a Klingon civil war. Or are at least on losing side of Klingon civil war happen I say 5 years ago. So they with out question know more about war then Somali pirates. They also know how to hit their targets. So the USS Enterprise D most using some from electrical warfare.

Those Klingon soldiers you talking and compare then to Somali pirates aid in a Klingon civil war. Or are at least on losing side of Klingon civil war happen I say 5 years ago. So they with out question know more about war then Somali pirates. They also know how to hit their targets. So the USS Enterprise D most using some from electrical warfare.

What the fuck?

You think that Klingon soldiers are still serving in the losing side of a civil war?

After five fucking years I am amazed the Duras sisters haven't gone to the fucking Romulans for help.

It shows these Klingons willing follow leaders to what ever end. Also being able to survival five years most likely being hunted by Klingon Empire and lord no who else. Means they not only very good aim but very good tactics as will. Also they miss by such smell amount space. Also fact Miss USS Enterprise D twice by such smell amount space could only explain electrical warfare.

What O Brian says I bet these weapon platforms could get tough shields and trick the weapon plat form into fire on their own power station. He us the main defector dish to do that trick. Watch this video

My link

O'BRIEN

Maybe we can't destroy that

power generator, but I'd bet

those Weapon Platforms could.

KIRA

Why would they fire on their own

power source?

Watch this vidoe My link

List for this part scrip to be spoken.

GARAK

(catching on)

We'd have to fool the platforms'

targeting systems into thinking

the generator is an enemy ship.

O'BRIEN

We can use our deflector array

to imprint a Federation warp

signature on the generator's

energy matrix.

WORF

It's worth a try.

O'BRIEN

KIRA

power source?

Watch this vidoe My link

GARAK

(catching on)

O'BRIEN

energy matrix.

WORF

It's worth a try.

And you consider that sophisticated electronic warfare? It's just more technobabble from the swiss-army deflector.

Are you just looking to provide me with more evidence for the Moron Court?

I'm not going to sift through all that. Copy/paste the points you wish us to consider. Otherwise, here's my source to disprove you. http://www.google.com

I'm not going to sift through all that. Copy/paste the points you wish us to consider. Otherwise, here's my source to disprove you. http://www.google.com

Not to mention that aside from Curtis's site, TFN is a haven for fanboys (many of the Mandowank variety) that make Jason look rational.

You mean endoctrinated?

To the point of ignoring or handwaving all the poor showings in the movies?

To the point of ignoring or handwaving all the examples that contradict TFN's conclusions?

No need to, I've read TFN, and while it is well written and well researched (just as SDN is, for that matter), the analysis found there is full of partisanery and sometimes wankery...

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I don't have any issues with low average Firepower for Trek using all the available data, but using the same method of analysis yields an average Firepower just as low, if not lower, for SW...

My link

Good God. The Valiant used a probe that was specifically designed to be hard to track. This was specifically mentioned in the episode.

O'BRIEN

KIRA

power source?

Watch this vidoe My link

GARAK

(catching on)

O'BRIEN

energy matrix.

WORF

It's worth a try.

That didn't work because it confuses sensors. It worked because the computers that were running the platforms identified their enemies via their warp signature, a common tactic even aboard starships, often used for long range identification. It has jack shit to do with jamming and is as lame as when Wong produced the same bullshit in his fanfic where it's taken to absurdly stupid extensions.

Furthermore, even if what you said were an example of them using such a method, such a method is just not used in combat. Any manned ships in the area would have instantly recognized what the Defiant had done and just fired at the Defiant and the other ships, instead of the small moon.

And finally, it still doesn't make it hard for the weapon platforms to hit the target, which by your logic, it should. If anything, it pretty much acts like posting a large 'shoot me' sign on your back.

Please, start thinking this through.