News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Airlocke

I'm freaking the fuck out, here

Okay, so I have been doing quite well this semester and have received my first final semester grade. It was an A in Geography. I have just finished another final and should do well on that, and have only two finals left. One of them is a basic math final, so I should be fine. The other is a 2000 word term paper, which should not be that big of a deal. It is due tomorrow at one, so I have 17 and a half hours, and I have very little done. If I can get rolling on this thing, it should be a piece of cake, but that is the thing. I can't make myself work on it. I find myself doing everything, anything, else. I also have another essay besides that one to do by midnight, am about halfway done. Can't work on that one either, I try and my brain just fizzles. Everything I type is complete trash(including this paranoid rant) and I am terrified by this. I need to calm down and finish this, but I just can't do it. Any helpful advice is welcome. Any obvious, "you should stop goofing around online and just write the damn papers" comments, and I may have to hunt you down and kill you in a very Dexter Morgan-like way. HALP!!

Okay, so I have been doing quite well this semester and have received my first final semester grade. It was an A in Geography. I have just finished another final and should do well on that, and have only two finals left. One of them is a basic math final, so I should be fine. The other is a 2000 word term paper, which should not be that big of a deal. It is due tomorrow at one, so I have 17 and a half hours, and I have very little done. If I can get rolling on this thing, it should be a piece of cake, but that is the thing. I can't make myself work on it. I find myself doing everything, anything, else. I also have another essay besides that one to do by midnight, am about halfway done. Can't work on that one either, I try and my brain just fizzles. Everything I type is complete trash(including this paranoid rant) and I am terrified by this. I need to calm down and finish this, but I just can't do it. Any helpful advice is welcome. Any obvious, "you should stop goofing around online and just write the damn papers" comments, and I may have to hunt you down and kill you in a very Dexter Morgan-like way. HALP!!

One paper is done, the smaller and less valuable(point wise) of the two. Well, it was due earlier, so I guess it is okay. I'm going to withdraw myself from the computer for a bit to do some more reading over my thesis, then I should be able to get things rolling, hopefully.

Caffeine. LOTS of caffeine. Seriously. It will help focus you.

Caffeine helpfocus? This sounds a little odd to me, for some reason. Though, I am used to large amounts of caffeine, so it could, theoretically, help calm me down a bit. Just like when I was addicted to heroin that one time...

Hmmm Heroin, not so much. Stay away from that. Monster or Rockstar should do the trick. laugh.gif

I've finished my introduction and thesis. It is a whopping 10% of my target total. It is as follows(for anyone who cares)cry.gif

Praying for War

“Religion leads to all war”, is a fairly common argument utilized by those who are, obviously, anti-religion. Most religions have some sort rules or dogma regarding the conversion, or attempted conversion, of non-believers and it is widely believed that these policies lead to violence, in one form or another. There are accusations concerning this practice that speak of genocide. If a race or competing religious body does not convert to the religion touted by a powerful church, then those individuals are erased from the Earth. One need only run a simple Google search to see these arguments; there are 4, 276, 000 results pertaining to “genocide and religion”. This association between religion and violence is the biggest argument used by those who are anti-religion, yet, for the most part, these arguments die down during a time of war. This thesis has two parts; 1) religion is not the cause for most warfare and is generally only a means by which the governing body of a nation gains public support for a war, and 2) religion is a very valuable asset for governments and militaries during a time of war.

Kind of generic and forced, but I couldn't care less. I've got something done. time for a break!

Excellent work.

I hope you don't mean the actual work itself, because I have done better, but I do like that I have gotten something done, so I would say that that is excellent work.

Any way, rep for you!

I've finished my introduction and thesis. It is a whopping 10% of my target total. It is as follows(for anyone who cares)cry.gif

Praying for War

“Religion leads to all war”, is a fairly common argument utilized by those who are, obviously, anti-religion. Most religions have some sort rules or dogma regarding the conversion, or attempted conversion, of non-believers and it is widely believed that these policies lead to violence, in one form or another. There are accusations concerning this practice that speak of genocide. If a race or competing religious body does not convert to the religion touted by a powerful church, then those individuals are erased from the Earth. One need only run a simple Google search to see these arguments; there are 4, 276, 000 results pertaining to “genocide and religion”. This association between religion and violence is the biggest argument used by those who are anti-religion, yet, for the most part, these arguments die down during a time of war. This thesis has two parts; 1) religion is not the cause for most warfare and is generally only a means by which the governing body of a nation gains public support for a war, and 2) religion is a very valuable asset for governments and militaries during a time of war.

Kind of generic and forced, but I couldn't care less. I've got something done. time for a break!

More than a quarter of the way done, now, and am considering dropping the second section of my thesis due to the abundance of information that I am able to use for the first part. I am worried about over shooting my target word count, as well as under developing the second part of my thesis. Plus, I am fucking exhausted. Anyway, things are going much better now, and I am finding it much easier to work, however, I have encountered a problem. I HAVE RUN OUT OF CAFFEINE, HAVE ONLY DEBIT CARD, AND ALL STORES IN AREA ARE CLOSED. I NEED CAFFEINE!!!!

More than a quarter of the way done, now, and am considering dropping the second section of my thesis due to the abundance of information that I am able to use for the first part. I am worried about over shooting my target word count, as well as under developing the second part of my thesis. Plus, I am fucking exhausted. Anyway, things are going much better now, and I am finding it much easier to work, however, I have encountered a problem. I HAVE RUN OUT OF CAFFEINE, HAVE ONLY DEBIT CARD, AND ALL STORES IN AREA ARE CLOSED. I NEED CAFFEINE!!!!

More than halfway done. Have just finished analyzing the different political and economic causes of the First Crusade. Took up more space than I though it would, though not nearly as much I would have hoped. On to the Thirty Years war!

BTW...sorry about all of the updates. I know that you do not give a fuck, but I am very tired and very bored of this paper and need to take some kind of a break from it without falling asleep. This is my solution.

Just about finished, and only about 10 hours after I posted this topic, before which time I had already put in hours of work. I am so tired.

Just about finished, and only about 10 hours after I posted this topic, before which time I had already put in hours of work. I am so tired.

Done, I'm, so, so happy. Now, maybe I can get some sleep before my essay test at 1. Also, someone may want to move this to the spam forum, because, it is pretty spammy.

The Ten Forward is a spam forum, so it's in the right place. smile.gif The Speakeasy is just the NSFW spam. wink.gif

*yawn* @ Tyralak

Keep yawning and one day something will occupy that space. smile.gif