News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Michael Dorn as Chewbacca.

Could've happened. smile.gif

Maybe.

Michael Dorn's acting career goes back to the 1970's.

He was in assorted & small parts in several movies & TV shows before Gene Roddenberry hired him.

Well, I think he would've been good as Chewbacca.

Could've happened had Dorn met George Lucas when SW was in pre-production.

There's probably a parallel universe where Michael Dorn played Chewbacca. biggrin.gif

As well as Worf later on.Maybe huh.gif

I think anyone who was tall would have made a good Chewtobacca. Hell, midgets on stilts could have made a good Chewtobacca.

Could've happened. smile.gif

Maybe.

Michael Dorn's acting career goes back to the 1970's.

He was in assorted & small parts in several movies & TV shows before Gene Roddenberry hired him.

Well, I think he would've been good as Chewbacca.

Could've happened had Dorn met George Lucas when SW was in pre-production.

There's probably a parallel universe where Michael Dorn played Chewbacca. biggrin.gif

As well as Worf later on.Maybe huh.gif

No, I don't think so.

Chewbacca worked because he was so damn tall.

So you'd have needed Kareem Abdul-Jabar, or a very young Kevin Peter Hall (Harry and the Andersons, Predator I and II)...

But the actor absolutely needed to be tall, although I must admit a tall and large man would have been better, say, André The Giant (Bigfoot in an Episode of "The 6 million Dollar Man", and Fezzik in "The Princess Bride")... cool.gif

No, I don't think so.

Chewbacca worked because he was so damn tall.

So you'd have needed Kareem Abdul-Jabar, or a very young Kevin Peter Hall (Harry and the Andersons, Predator I and II)...

But the actor absolutely needed to be tall, although I must admit a tall and large man would have been better, say, André The Giant (Bigfoot in an Episode of "The 6 million Dollar Man", and Fezzik in "The Princess Bride")... cool.gif

I do not like the idea of Andre the Giant as Chewie. For one thing, he would be a bit taller, and a hell of a lot broader, and, I don't know, I guess I just like Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca. I couldn't get behind Andre the Giant.

Well, since Wookies are basically a GL version of a Sasquatch, I think Andre the Giant would have been a good choice.

Well, since Wookies are basically a GL version of a Sasquatch, I think Andre the Giant would have been a good choice.

They need tall people not tall and fat. smile.gif

They need tall people not tall and fat. smile.gif

in the 1970's, André was tall and hellaciously broad, but not that fat.

He was also, in real life, truly powerful.

Wrestlers who had a reputation of being "hard" guys (voluntarily hurting their opponents) would be all nice when facing André... For some unknown reason... laugh.gif

Besides, he'd be too "thick" for the role and too slow.

Well, I for one would have liked Chewbacca to be thicker, he would have actually looked powerful instead of simply tall... rolleyes.gif

And too slow?

When have we seen Peter Mayhew do anything quick? blink.gif

Well, I for one would have liked Chewbacca to be thicker, he would have actually looked powerful instead of simply tall... rolleyes.gif

And too slow?

When have we seen Peter Mayhew do anything quick? blink.gif

At least he could bend down. I don't see Andre as Chewie doing anything being able to fix the MF. In fact he'd be stuck (at least one MF repair scene I think Chewie was in some hole fixing something?).

At least he could bend down. I don't see Andre as Chewie doing anything being able to fix the MF. In fact he'd be stuck (at least one MF repair scene I think Chewie was in some hole fixing something?).

I'm pretty sure the sets would have been adapted for him had he played the part... laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure the sets would have been adapted for him had he played the part... laugh.gif

Hey! Don't you dare make a point! Don't you dare! smile.gif

Why must you hurt me? WHY?!?!?!?!cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Don't you like me? smile.gif

Hhhhmmm, you want the truth or a lie? laugh.gif