News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Legendm

Needs computer help.

Last weekend I accidently downloaded a virus (though common sense should have told me not to follow that link and download the "adobe flash player"). I believe what the virus did was create a winsock error for me (#22 to be more specific) which prevents me from getting online. Now my plan was to just download the winsock fix on another computer and then upload it on that desktop, but the desktop doesn't recognize what's on the flash drive. The flash drive folder shows, but when I click it, nothing comes up inside. Almost the same thing with my Zune, I plug it in, the Zune software comes up, but it doesn't actually show that my Zune is plugged in. Now I thought I had gotten rid of the virus last week with my original scan with malwarebytes, but after scanning again today, I found even more, so I'm gonna keep scanning to see if I even have the damn worm still, but to be honest I'm not sure how to go about this. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Have you tried saving the fix on to a CD form another computer and bringing it over? You might have better luck that way.

There is no such error as #22 Now 10022 is invalid argument so yes, something screwed with your winsock core. A worm is easily delt with by starting up with a virus scan cd and wiping all affected files without actually going into windows. Otherwise, a virus/trojan/worm can hide in active files that cannot be altered for security reasons while running and keep reinfecting things even after it's been deleted from one spot.

Otherwise, a virus/trojan/worm can hide in active files that cannot be altered for security reasons while running and keep reinfecting things even after it's been deleted from one spot.

I hate it when they do that. Such a fucking headache.

Well I'm not really sure what happened, but I noticed that my computer was telling me that I needed to install some updates XP Service Pack 3 or something like that so I did that and then it fixed everything. So um, yeah.

Well I'm not really sure what happened, but I noticed that my computer was telling me that I needed to install some updates XP Service Pack 3 or something like that so I did that and then it fixed everything. So um, yeah.

Uh yeah you should of had that installed a LONG time ago. But in any event it wipes out a lot of the system for it's update so it probably wiped out the worm in the process. But alls well that ends well smile.gif

Uh yeah you should of had that installed a LONG time ago. But in any event it wipes out a lot of the system for it's update so it probably wiped out the worm in the process. But alls well that ends well smile.gif

Well, I'm glad I waited. I'm still having trouble connecting the Zune though and I know its not the Zune that's screwing up because it had no problem connecting to the laptop I was using.

Any special program that Zune uses? Maybe the program that the Zune uses needs to be reinstalled?

Zune has it's own program last time i checked.

Then that program went tits up. smile.gif

My computer is more fucked. death.gif

Then take your dick out of it and get yourself a real woman.