News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Minor name alteration.

I'm sure many of you have noticed the dropping of 'club' in the board name. It's now just ASVS. There are several reasons for this. First, truth be told, I always hated it. It sounded dopey, but since asvs.com and .org were taken and asvs.net was $2000, I had to add something to the name. As time went by I found I disliked it for other reasons. Partly because it gave the impression that this was a tribute to ASVS or a spinoff. Nothing could be further from the truth. This IS ASVS. It has merely changed locations. Usenet is dying, so ASVS moved. I am looking into trying to acquire ASVS.com from it's owner who is not doing anything with it. If nothing else I will purchase ASVS.us which is available. I will keep the clubasvs domains until they expire, however since they are already in people's bookmarks and search engines.

I'm sure many of you have noticed the dropping of 'club' in the board name. It's now just ASVS. There are several reasons for this. First, truth be told, I always hated it. It sounded dopey, but since asvs.com and .org were taken and asvs.net was $2000, I had to add something to the name. As time went by I found I disliked it for other reasons. Partly because it gave the impression that this was a tribute to ASVS or a spinoff. Nothing could be further from the truth. As far as I'm concerned, this IS ASVS. It has merely changed locations. Usenet is dying, so ASVS moved. I am looking into trying to acquire ASVS.com from it's owner who is not doing anything with it. If nothing else I will purchase ASVS.us which is available. I will keep the clubasvs domains, however since they are already in people's bookmarks and search engines.

Why not acquire various ASVS domain names and basically link them all to this forum so that no matter what ASVS site you type in, it would redirect here?

Why not acquire various ASVS domain names and basically link them all to this forum so that no matter what ASVS site you type in, it would redirect here?

I'm in the process of doing that now. I just bought ASVS.us and am linking it up. I'm going to try to make it the primary domain and move clubasvs.net to a secondary status. I don't think Aron Kerkhof wants to give up the .org since it looks like it's tied directly to his company.

I clicked your link and got this,

Not Found

The requested URL /subs/galactec.com/asvs/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I clicked your link and got this,

Galactec.png

I'm definitely not seeing things. Not sure why it doesn't come up for you.

it's because you run windows XP. Upgrade ya loser. (I see the same thing as enigma)

it's because you run windows XP. Upgrade ya loser. (I see the same thing as enigma)

Upgrade so I CAN'T see his site? I run XP and I CAN see it. You run 7 and can't. Why would I do that?

I was joking morons. An OS cannot actually decide how a site will be shown.

In any event the only reasons why this would be seen differently is because the moron doesn't know how to properly do a website. This is his dns entry -

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: asvs.org

Addresses: 63.251.171.81

Unless you know what the fuck you're doing you NEVER multi host a website like this. It causes these issues. And since his website is apparently just html pages it's retarded. The only reason you do this is if you have serious db usage and activity that you NEED multiple hosts for stability.

I was joking morons. An OS cannot actually decide how a site will be shown.

Gods...its like a flash back 10 years ago...so, Tyralak, did you actually STEAL the 'genius loci' of the original ASVS? or am I just tripping again because the veils are thinning...

Monstrous anomalies due to the intrinsic force of the uncanny orange squeezings.

Raycavsh shaid thats mys uh namesh iz altera...altera...alterashuns uff hisshs namesh

You finally revealed your true self.

Where they oranges? They tasted like lemons.

That is what they want you to believe! Don't listen to their sour dour lies!