News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Why do star wars fans think stormtrooper armor would be able to stop a phaser beam

Just a bumpy:

Questor, still haven't had time to start on the analyses.

Started Voyager, but then got sidetracked half-way in the pilot episode (no weapons fired up til then).

Still haven't forgottent though.

Like I said, its not like we're in any hurry... whistle.gif

Just a bumpy:

Questor, still haven't had time to start on the analyses.

Started Voyager, but then got sidetracked half-way in the pilot episode (no weapons fired up til then).

Still haven't forgottent though.

Like I said, its not like we're in any hurry... whistle.gif

I haven't done much either. Hell, I still haven't had time to watch the Blu-ray ST2 that I got for chrismas.

Being an adult sucks.

I haven't done much either. Hell, I still haven't had time to watch the Blu-ray ST2 that I got for chrismas.

Being an adult sucks.

I have to disagree.

Being an adult with a career, I've never had as many DVDs as I do now.

For my birthday last month, decided it was time to upgrade my Home Cinema kit, so I bought an HD 42" tv, something I could never afford as a kid (partly because they didn't exist, but you know what I mean).

When I was a kid, I had just as many comitments as I do now (school, homework, paper route, etc...), only now, I have a lot more money to spend on my hobbies... thumbsup.gif

And I can watch all the Pron I want without my mother punishing me... rofl.gif

True, I was mostly going for irony.

I'm busy because of doing a job that - on the whole - I love. I'm not complaining except for one thing. Work is so much more mentally stimulating than school was that I actually come home exhausted. It was nice being able to run for hours after putting in a 12 hour day.

True, I was mostly going for irony.

I'm busy because of doing a job that - on the whole - I love. I'm not complaining except for one thing. Work is so much more mentally stimulating than school was that I actually come home exhausted. It was nice being able to run for hours after putting in a 12 hour day.

So true... sleeping.gif

Except I've learned that when you train a lot, you have much more energy, and you come home more alert after work...

So true... sleeping.gif

Except I've learned that when you train a lot, you have much more energy, and you come home more alert after work...

*PUSHES PRAEOTHMIN DOWN*

*PUSHES PRAEOTHMIN DOWN*

Good luck with that... biggrin.gif

popo.gif

Good luck with that... biggrin.gif

popo.gif

Hey, if an A-wing can take down an ssd, I'm sure it can be done.

Thing is, even after taking a hit to the head, I'm not going to automatically plunge to the ground, unlike an SSD... whistle.gif

Thing is, even after taking a hit to the head, I'm not going to automatically plunge to the ground, unlike an SSD... whistle.gif

It depends on what I hit you with... 2guns.gif

It depends on what I hit you with... 2guns.gif

Well, an whimpy-ass ship like an A-Wing won't do it... smoke.gif

*Sure took you a long time to post this reply. Did it take you this long to come up with it? harhar.gif *

I cannot remember any personal armour in the Trekverse being fully effective against phasers or disruptors, in fact only personal shielding of the borg has been in anyway effective in that regard.

So considering the races in the Trekverse know how phasers and disruptors work and they have not developed effective armour against it id say its unlikely that Stormtrooper armour that can be broken by falling down a slope, pierced by small wooden and stone tipped arrows fired by a 3ft teddybear using a small bow and have great gaps in them at various points are going to do anything but be a encumberment.

*Sure took you a long time to post this reply. Did it take you this long to come up with it? harhar.gif *

Somebody bumped the thread for a posrep, and then commented on it. I assumed the comment was recent.

mysterysolved.gif

Somebody bumped the thread for a posrep, and then commented on it. I assumed the comment was recent.

mysterysolved.gif

Really... dry.gif

Just kidding, I assumed as much... thumbup.gif