News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Airlocke

This is awesome sauce.

"Dear Airlocke(sub-in for real name),

I have just been informed that I am permitted to bring five students guests with me to dinner with Jeffrey Zaslow (co-author of the Last Lecture and University Speaker) this coming Tuesday, November 10, at 5:30 pm in the Heritage Ballroom. I am writing to formally invite you to accompany me to this event. The dinner will be attended by approximately 25 individuals, including Zaslow, the University President and Cheri, faculty and students. I am certain that you will be an excellent ambassador for our university, and I have been personally impressed with your thoughtful and articulate presence at ISU to date.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you will be able to participate. Dress at the event will be for business, and the dining experience will be semi-formal (probably an elegant buffet). I will plan to meet you and the other students that I will invite in Rhoads Hall at 5:00, or you are free to join us at the Heritage Ballroom just before 5:30.

I hope you can attend with me.

Albert Einstein"

I love being a raging bad ass. This should be interesting.

"Dear Airlocke(sub-in for real name),

I have just been informed that I am permitted to bring five students guests with me to dinner with Jeffrey Zaslow (co-author of the Last Lecture and University Speaker) this coming Tuesday, November 10, at 5:30 pm in the Heritage Ballroom. I am writing to formally invite you to accompany me to this event. The dinner will be attended by approximately 25 individuals, including Zaslow, the University President and Cheri, faculty and students. I am certain that you will be an excellent ambassador for our university, and I have been personally impressed with your thoughtful and articulate presence at ISU to date.

Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you will be able to participate. Dress at the event will be for business, and the dining experience will be semi-formal (probably an elegant buffet). I will plan to meet you and the other students that I will invite in Rhoads Hall at 5:00, or you are free to join us at the Heritage Ballroom just before 5:30.

I hope you can attend with me.

Albert Einstein"

I love being a raging bad ass. This should be interesting.

Kudos to you!! biggrin.gif

No. THIS is awesome sauce:

PandaExBrandsNew.jpg

And yes that's awesome fuckin sauce.

My awesome sauce is a bit on the sticky side. smile.gif

I thought about making that joke, but thought better of it. Bit crude...

Anyway...

The dinner was last night. Met Jeffrey Zaslow, brilliant and very approachable individual. Met some very important people in the University, made a good impression. Was a blast.

That's fantastic. Sounds like a great experience. Any interesting stories from the event?

That's fantastic. Sounds like a great experience. Any interesting stories from the event?

Sadly, no. Sort of ho-hum, really. The food was good and I didn't make myself look an idiot, so I was happy.

Sadly, no. Sort of ho-hum, really. The food was good and I didn't make myself look an idiot, so I was happy.

Well, that's a positive then.