News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Galaxy class starship main defector dish as a weapon

I am trying to show that USS Enterprise D phaser banks stronger Enterprise NX. We known that Enterprise NX had 3 phaser cannons all of them together had a maximum yield of 80 gigajoules. USS Enterprise D had at least 10 phaser banks to say the least. This would help proven the punch the defector dish could deliver.

And? Of course modern technology is a lot better than obsolete tech! This is like saying that modern destroyers in the U.S.N. are more powerful than the ironclads!

Give me a break.

And? Of course modern technology is a lot better than obsolete tech! This is like saying that modern destroyers in the U.S.N. are more powerful than the ironclads!

Give me a break.

Not to mention that the numbers I'm calculating are several orders of magnitude higher than 80 gigajoules. That equals about 19 tons per second.

His complete non-understanding of unit conversions is really tiring.

I can agree that USS Enterprise D build during peace time, but I think the weapons systems of USS Enterprise D are more powerful then a Constitution class starship during Kick days. We know what a Constitution class starship can do to NX class starship in number of secounds with it phaser banks. So you are going to say that during the Search for Spock was during peace time as will. The fact Klingon need to know how shot thought the shields in order be able to defeat the of USS ENteprise D. That shows USS Enterpise D weapons are a lot more powerful then a USS Enterpise from Star Terk the TOS. Talk about phaser banks maybe hundrends of time stronger then NX class starship phasers.

I can agree that USS Enterprise D build during peace time, but I think the weapons systems of USS Enterprise D are more powerful then a Constitution class starship during Kick days. We know what a Constitution class starship can do to NX class starship in number of secounds with it phaser banks. So you are going to say that during the Search for Spock was during peace time as will. The fact Klingon need to know how shot thought the shields in order be able to defeat the of USS ENteprise D. That shows USS Enterpise D weapons are a lot more powerful then a USS Enterpise from Star Terk the TOS. Talk about phaser banks maybe hundrends of time stronger then NX class starship phasers.

The E-Nil, the E-Refit, and the E-A were all considered WARSHIPS. In TNG starfleet isn't even considered a military. The burden of proof is on you to prove superiority. The fact that the Constitution, Excelsior and Miranda classes were still considered front line warships is PROOF that you are talking out your ass.

IN Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country it took Enterprise A and other UFP starship a few photon torpedoes to destroy that Bird of prey when shield not up. USS Enterprise D it took one photon torpedo to destroy that Klingon bird of prey being to cloak it self and had no shields in Star Terk Generations. So now you are claiming the phaser banks are stronger on Kick day ships. If the photon torpedoes are stronger then what makes think phaser banks USS Enterprise D are not stronger as will. It only make sense to think USS Enterpise D phaser banks are stronger.

IN Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country it took Enterprise A and other UFP starship a few photon torpedoes to destroy that Bird of prey when shield not up. USS Enterprise D it took one photon torpedo to destroy that Klingon bird of prey being to cloak it self and had no shields in Star Terk Generations. So now you are claiming the phaser banks are stronger on Kick day ships. If the photon torpedoes are stronger then what makes think phaser banks USS Enterprise D are not stronger as will. It only make sense to think USS Enterpise D phaser banks are stronger.

I have no idea what you are saying.

It took one photon torpedo for USS Enterprise D to destroy a bird of prey without shields in the first TNG move.

That bird of prey took at least one photon torpedoes hit from The Search for Spock and survival.

If the photon torpedoes stronger in Star Terk TNG would it not mean the phaser banks would also be stronger.

Though it is true that the phaser technology has improved but not from what you wrote. You are a fucking moron Jason. You are about as useful as a deaf man conducting an orchestra.

Though it is true that the phaser technology has improved but not from what you wrote. You are a fucking moron Jason. You are about as useful as a deaf man conducting an orchestra.

Beethoven was deaf. (Just nitpicking)

Beethoven was deaf. (Just nitpicking)

But he was a genius. Jason isn't. Not even close. Besides, other than Beethoven, how many deaf conductors do you know? smile.gif

The E-Nil, the E-Refit, and the E-A were all considered WARSHIPS. In TNG starfleet isn't even considered a military. The burden of proof is on you to prove superiority. The fact that the Constitution, Excelsior and Miranda classes were still considered front line warships is PROOF that you are talking out your ass.

Although the Mirandas and Excelsior fared less well then the GCS in the Dominion fights, and afaik, there were no Constitutions in the DW.

Where did you see one?

Also, his torpedo example is valid.

It took 5 Photorps to destroy an unshielded BoP in ST VI, while it took only 1 torpedo from the E-D to destroy a BoP 80 years more recent in ST Gen.

So one could infer that TNG era Photorps are around 5 times stronger then in Kirk's time...

One torp took out a cloaked BoP in TUC. Eighty years later, the same thing happens again. Sorry but no dice friend. smile.gif

Although the Mirandas and Excelsior fared less well then the GCS in the Dominion fights, and afaik, there were no Constitutions in the DW.

Where did you see one?

Never in the Dominion War, although given all the ship models they used in those sequences, I'd be very surprised if they weren't there somewhere.

But there is one in the wreckage at Wolf 359.

Also, it just makes sense that if the lighter version is in service, the heavy would be as well.

How are you measuring how they fared? Were more of them salvageable?

At least to my knowledge, we've never seen a Galaxy take a beating like the E did in TWoK or TUC and still be a going concern. Hell the Reliant was doing damn well as well.

Also, his torpedo example is valid.

It took 5 Photorps to destroy an unshielded BoP in ST VI, while it took only 1 torpedo from the E-D to destroy a BoP 80 years more recent in ST Gen.

So one could infer that TNG era Photorps are around 5 times stronger then in Kirk's time...

It's only valid if he can prove that whatever shitpiece BoP variant the Duras sisters could acquire is just as durable as General Chang's flagship.

Remember the BoP variants are only limited by the ways effects can be fucked up.

How did Commander Riker know he could destroy it with one photon torpedo destroy Duras sister bird of prey. Also Duras sister aid battle during the Klingon civil war so it would had to have been as strong as a other bird of prey fighting.

You are making long shot argument by the way Questor.

Read a short history of the House of Duras. That were the bird that got destory by the USS Enterpise D came from.

My link

Find this line and read it.

However, several months later Duras' sisters Lursa and B'Etor discovered that Duras had had an illegitimate son, Toral. Though only a boy, Toral was made head of House Duras and inherited his father's claim to leadership of the council. The Arbiter of Succession Jean-Luc Picard chose to reject Toral's claim, causing those council members loyal to House Duras to withdraw from the council, plunging the Empire into civil war.

Duras' weapons fire passed through its shields, unhindered. However, Lieutenant Commander Data was able to force the activation of the Duras' Bird-of-Prey's's cloaking device. With their shields down, a single photon torpedo was enough to destroy the Duras' ship, killing them in the process. However, the Duras sisters may have gotten the last laugh as the damage they had inflicted to the Enterprise was enough to rupture the magnetic interlocks to the warp core, leading to a warp core breach which completely destroyed the stardrive section of the vessel and crippled the saucer module. (Star Trek Generations)

You are making long shot argument by the way Questor.

Read a short history of the House of Duras. That were the bird that got destory by the USS Enterpise D came from.

My link

I don't have to find the line and read it. I know what happened.

Again, you are cherry picking your sources to make it appear as if the House of Duras was around in Generations.

The reason that the Duras sisters were after Picard is that the house had fallen. Once again, why do you think they had to use an old, obsolete PoS?

I'm being serious here... how much of TNG have you actually seen? I know that you haven't seen any of TOS, and it seems that your knowledge of the classic movies is spotty at best.

Watch this vidoe

My link

One Vor'cha-class starship verse two Klingon bird of prey. Vor’cha classes destroy one bird of prey with one photon torpedoes when it shields were down.

Also listen reason Pricad does not run to aid of Klingon ship. It not because afraid USS Enterprise D can handle two bird of prey but to avoid UFP getting into Klingon civil war.

Watch this vidoe

My link

One Vor'cha-class starship verse two Klingon bird of prey. Vor’cha classes destroy one bird of prey with one photon torpedoes when it shields were down.

Also listen reason Pricad does not run to aid of Klingon ship. It not because afraid USS Enterprise D can handle two bird of prey but to avoid UFP getting into Klingon civil war.

Which proves that this is the same model Chang had... how?

Watch this video Star Terk Search for Spock watch part carefully were USS Enterprise fighting a bird of prey.My link

Watch this video Star Terk Search for Spock watch part carefully were USS Enterprise fighting a bird of prey.My link

Which has fuck all to do with this conversation.

You were asked to provide evidence that the BoP in STVI was the same model as the one in Generations. You attempted (and failed to successfully post a link) to do this with a clip of STIII.

Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Wheres my fucking drink?

Watch this video Star Terk Search for Spock watch part carefully were USS Enterprise fighting a bird of prey.

Here link http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vOZzyjzFqX4/

Which has fuck all to do with this conversation.

You were asked to provide evidence that the BoP in STVI was the same model as the one in Generations. You attempted (and failed to successfully post a link) to do this with a clip of STIII.

Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Wheres my fucking drink?

Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_bridge_-2287-.jpg

My link

Upon breaching the Great Barrier and reaching the galactic core, Klaa was finally able to successfully attack and disable the Enterprise. Klaa presented the terms that any attempts to raise shields or arm weapons would result in their destruction, and that the only reason they were alive was because he wanted the renegade Kirk. Handing him over would spare the Enterprise. Fortunately for the Enterprise, General Korrd was aboard. Korrd ordered Klaa to stand down, and relieved him of his command.

File:Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_bridge_(2371).jpg

Klingon_Bird-of-Prey_bridge_%282371%29.jpg

As we can see bridges look very similar in size. Other then yellow lighting they almost look the same. However one bird of prey leave USS Enterprise A it mercy while Bird of prey was destroy by USS Enterprise D once it shield down were down.