News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Which more barrbaric the Terrian Empire or Star War Empire

Let face Terrian Empire and Star War Empire lot common both human are perfect race all race sup-human which more barbaric.

My option the Star War Empire at least Terrian EMpire allow none human sevice high rank areas. No canon evidence suggestion allowing real slavery in Terrian Empire. Star War Empire is cannon evidence Empire allow real slavery.

Edited by Jason

The Empire is certainly more ruthless, committing multiple planet-wide massacres and having slaver ships which decimate entire species in the outer rim iirc.

So, ours is? Wow.

Both have committed planetary scale atrocities to punish resistance. I think it would be a hard argument to make as to whose core structure and ideology is more barbaric. In absolute terms the Empire wins by virtue of having the scale of an entire galaxy to oppress and the resources to build a planet buster but I'm not sure that the Terrans wouldn't build one too if they could.

However, I think it's important to note that both have less than total control over their subjects. Both have active resistance groups using military hardware comparable one on one with what the official military has which means the resistance movements likely have significant backing from within the power structures of these empires. It's no small thing to build and operate a warship without a friendly port to call on for repairs and resupply. I'd say it's even more significant for the Terrans since given the scale of the Galactic Empire, it's big enough that if military hardware can or will be salvaged, lost or stolen no matter how unlikely, it will happen. In the Enterprise era its harder to imagine concealing the deliberate construction of illegal warships or the deliberate loss of legal self defense forces given the much smaller scale and the greater commitment of resources a ship represents. I suspect that the rebellion in Enterprise might have been a mass defection of vassals who had been allowed to maintain self defense auxiliaries.

A rebellion gaining access to military hardware in an empire with maybe a few dozen planets with the infrastructure to build a capital ship implies more freedom than a few dozen ships being scraped together in a galactic Empire.

Terrion Empire has the technology far we can tell with guess they have the same military technology that TOS has. Watch Star Trek TOS Obsession. In that Episode they had weapon fire power blast half gas that normal planet into space. I am sure many device need blow planet up likley in the technology Terrion Empire. So the Terion Empire likley does technology blow up planets. If they did or not is unknown. Mirror universe in Star Terk Enterprise there just as well could been enemy of Terrion Empire backing provide friendly ports. We real did not know enough information. Maybe the Klingons, Romulus or Cardassion.

We may have seen more examples of ruthlessness by the Galactic Empire simply because they've been shown in action more, but I know I would rather serve on a ship Galactic Empire than the Terran Empire. In the TE, killing your superior is not only permitted but encouraged as a way of moving up in the ranks...

• Like 1

We may have seen more examples of ruthlessness by the Galactic Empire simply because they've been shown in action more, but I know I would rather serve on a ship Galactic Empire than the Terran Empire. In the TE, killing your superior is not only permitted but encouraged as a way of moving up in the ranks...

That's actually a good point. Plus the fact, that in the Terran Empire, they take a perverse pleasure in cruelty.

Also, welcome to the board!