News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Another way UFP handle first Death star

Very simple beam biological attack and watch rest Empire crew died from disease quickly maybe hours then take Death star for themselves.

Very simple beam biological attack and watch rest Empire crew died from disease quickly maybe hours then take Death star for themselves.

The problem is, the UFP wouldn't ever do something like that. Other races might, but not the UFP.

Biological warfare is certainly a way to take out lots of humanoids. There are three problems though.

1. Catching a hyperdrive equipped ship with a warp drive equipped ship, intercepting it, penetrating its defenses, and delivering such a weapon with shields down while taking fire from thousands of turbolasers would be difficult.

2. Biological agents generally take time to work. People get sick and die, but this doesn't happen instantly. While they are waiting to get sick, they are still flying around blowing up planets. So, on balance, they lose more people than they kill.

3. An advanced galactic scale civilization, with considerable experience with a galaxy full of germs, and impressive medical technology, may be able to deal with such a threat.

It is certainly a possibility, but a bit of a long shot, as most attempts would be.

I agree, T, the Federation would never do such a thing. But they would never resort to planetary bombardment either. These discussions can't really be held back by what they would do, but rather comparing what they could do. If we restrained our comparisons to "being the nice guy," the Federation would lose nearly every conflict.

In my system at least, the only objective comparison is the tools available vs the tools available.

• Like 1

Pircard work biological weapon against the Borg. Section 31 did not even think twice about using biological weapon against the Dominion.Kirk nearly gave order destroy entire civilian. Sisko basic used something like chemical weapon attack against Maquis. I could easily see starfleet officer justice actions with weapon like that available on top that section 31 has might ship cloak device as time the take biological weapon to work.

Failed to whip out all disease since both Clone war TV show we see Blue Shadow Virus the two jedi need find cure for. No evidnece even suggestion in Star War movies that they cure any disease. Yoda also sick something fact Luke brough cure for him is another major factor against high cannon area Star War all point to fact that Death star crew defenseless against biological attack. Even making crew to sick operation equipment put stop attacks.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Shadow_Virus

However Section 31 might have at least shuttlecaft with cloak device allow sneak though all defense or longer group shuttle auto pilot to do the tricked.

Edited by Jason

I haven't seen that episode in a while, but I don't recall any medical personnel or droids close by. Just Ahsoka and some clone troopers.

There are lots of droids aboard, which would be unaffected, and stormtroopers until they removed their helmets to eat or drink.

Anyway, the logistics of delivering the weapon is the main problem.

In open warfare, for instance, the Death Star is one ship, albeit a very powerful one. The most important point I've been trying to make with my videos is that logistics is the most important factor, not individual ship strength, but how they can be deployed. A thousand star destroyers would be smaller and less powerful than the Death Star, but harder to defend your territory against. They could attack a theoretical 1,000 planets each day. The Death Star can hit one a day.

The Death Star is a weapon of terror, and in open warfare, would be only as useful as any other really powerful starship.

I dunno about them only being able to take out one a day. With Star Wars FTL speeds more than once a day seems very feasible. You know, depending on the recharge time of the weapon. Of course, I haven't been paying attention to this stuff for a very long time, so it is possible that there is a new source with the specs for ftl speed and weapon recharge time for the super laser.....

Poor Brian. He has NO idea about what's just been unleashed.

• Like 1

Again first in Star terk Enterprise - Observer Effect it take 5 hours for virus to kill on topic that Starfleet or section 31 for that matter should get job done much faster. Might take little 5 minute get job done must Death star crew died in 10 minute. You forget social effects have Empire and invasion not like Empore say lose Vader and Empire flagship now being enemy depend if Federation rid of Vader process operation. Emperor go rage execute good number topic officer if not entire temporal halt invasion not least Death star federation hands used attack Imperial worlds force Empire devote call back part fleet protect major planetary systems. I often find argument of star War vs Star terk debate who win not won fleet or better weapons or shield. I am convince the two side taking years before either side force surrender by us weapons but by black ops stuff section 31 I think major player in victory or defeat.

[h=3][/h]

The problem is, the UFP wouldn't ever do something like that. Other races might, but not the UFP.

Why do you entertain his insane poasts?

I dunno about them only being able to take out one a day. With Star Wars FTL speeds more than once a day seems very feasible. You know, depending on the recharge time of the weapon. Of course, I haven't been paying attention to this stuff for a very long time, so it is possible that there is a new source with the specs for ftl speed and weapon recharge time for the super laser.....

Yeah, but the point remains, no matter the specifics. A greater number of smaller and less powerful ships can be far more effective than one all-powerful ship. For offense, but most especially for defense.

This looks like a job for....

:johnfreeman:

Besides the difficulty in deploying the virus into the ship through its defenses, we also have to consider that all the stormies are protected against such an attack, at least for a limited time, and that the Death Star is the size of a small moon, with every single room separated from the rest of the station by a blast door. Starships in general can quarantine parts of the ship effected in these situations, much like they do when the hull is breached.

I don't know anything about the virus in question, but starships in general should be very good at protecting from such attacks. Once its quarantined it can be blown back out to space.

I agree you that Empire have rest fleet to try fight Federation but they weaken by intelligence information Federation get . Genetic engineer boi weapon lot hard stop even try kill boi weapon much harder kill natural germs Mean us real methid stop the spread.As for defense 20 runabouts easily break though first Death star defense. Once must them get past the defesne just beam in boi weapon. Death star crew response biological attack shock and aw. Fact must upper decks in number hours likely all have put quarantine. Then of course beam boarding parties aboard help transporter enhance. to open the hanger bring troops and shuttlecaft they beam in even deeper it not long before must Death star is under Quarantine. Also possible all out surrender after board hanger bay. Also mission easily allow section 31 steal longer number GE combat space Vehicle. Include possible Star destroyer that might well stored in the Death star. This would strongth UFP able to wage a war against the Star War GE. By know must if not all Star destroyer secrets. Know hit the enemy starship practice terms can allow single starship perhaps take on 2 or 3 ISD at a time would greatly weaken Empire. Again intelligence place big part in the must wars.