News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

Give me a webcomic...

...and I'll review it! I could heap praise on it, spew vitriol at it, or go "meh". I won't review "Sonichu" however. Just about everything else is fair game, though.

Now, which webcomic(s) do you want me to review?

Well, I'm already a fan of VG Cats and Exterminatus Now, but I'll check the other ones.

Well, I'm already a fan of VG Cats and Exterminatus Now, but I'll check the other ones.

smoke.gif

I'm also already a fan of Axe Cop and Looking For Group.

Reviews for the 4 I'm a fan of already.

Exterminatus Now:

First discovered this little baby on deviantArt, when I was looking up "Exterminatus" from Warhammer 40,000. I saw the picture of the characters, and I ended up thinking "WTF?", until I saw that it was a webcomic, so I checked it out. Boy, was I in for a treat. Basically, combine Sonic the Hedgehog, Warhammer 40,000, and several metric fucktons of dark humor, and you'll have EN in a nutshell. It's main characters are:

Inquisitor Harry Eastwood: Imagine if RayCav was an anthropomorphic arctic fox who was addicted to coffee, and was employed by the church as an Inquisitor. This pretty much sums up this guy. For the past decade, he has been the bane of the Tyrusian School for Busty Seventeen-Year-Old Girls. Even though he knows that the gods he serve exist, he chooses not to believe in them. When asked why, he calls it "faith". Oh yeah. He also has extreme arachnophobia.

Inquisitor Syrus "Virus" Zuviel: A rat, who is batshit insane, as well as the most innocent of the characters, although, that really isn't saying much. Also Eastwood's best friend. He is not allowed behind the controls of any vehicle, for unknown reasons. Tries to be badass. Fails miserably.

Rogue the Cat: One of the Daemon Hunters, this guy hails from Taika, Mobius' version of Japan. He is the most sarcastic of the characters, and that says quite a lot about him. Hates it when people use his beamsword as a flashlight. Was temporarily replaced by Wildfire.

Lothar Hex: A mercenary cyborg echidna, and completely trigger happy. So much so, that I sometimes suspect that he has a gun fetish. He once shut up the neighbor's puppy by setting it on fire and then nailing it to their door. His solutions to every problem pretty much go like that.

Wildfire: A temporary female replacement for Rogue. Screwed up every mission they were involved in, and was sent back to Taika in duct tape.

Inquisitor Jamillia Townsend: A penguin who Eastwood has a crush on. Kicked him in the nuts when he told dark cultists that his last request was for him and Jamillia to have "crazy monkey sex".

Commander Schaeffer: The leader of the Inquisition. Has a chicken fetish, and only the main characters know about it.

All-In-All: A hillariously irreverent comic that mercilessly rips into its source materials, while not trashing them. Highly reccomended.

Grade: A-

Axe Cop:

Dear God, where to begin with this comic? It's just too hillarious for words! This has to do with the fact that it's thought up by a 5-year-old, and illustrated by his 30-year-old brother. Reminiscent of Bobobo Bo-Bobobo, and Half Life: Full Life Consequences, Axe Cop provides no limit of laughs, some of the funnier bits are:

Evil, Evil, Evil, Evil, Planet Tinko getting blown up by a single stick of dynamite.

The fact that as a kid, Axe Cop used to go to a fast-food restaraunt whose primary menu option was babies.

A planet made entirely of poop being sucked into a normal vacuum cleaner, and being flushed down the toilet.

"Shake what your baby gave you!" What is this I don't even

All-In-All: Bizzarely hillarious. Awesomeness incarnate. Axe Cop.

Grade: A+

Highly reccommend Questionable Content. One of the funniest web comics out there. Actually a rather large investment to read all the way through, though.