News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

TCW: Continuity nightmare?

I had an interesting conversation with my old friend Brian Young a few days back. He's of the opinion that TCW is a continuity clusterfuck. Having not watched every episode, I thought it would be interesting to explore just how many irreconcilable continuity errors between the films and TCW there are. I'm not interested in what contradictions TCW has with low canon sources like the EU. By it's very nature, TCW supersedes them. I know I will personally be disappointed if TCW turns out to be an unreliable mess. It would further complicate matters.

I've only seen a few episodes of TCW, so I couldn't say.

Well lets start off with the most obvious. TCW seem to discredit Annakin's claims in AOTC and ROTS that he isn't respected as a Jedi by his peers. He's given a padawan(Ashoka) among other things.

Well lets start off with the most obvious. TCW seem to discredit Annakin's claims in AOTC and ROTS that he isn't respected as a Jedi by his peers. He's given a padawan(Ashoka) among other things.

I'm guessing that by giving Anakin a padawan to train, the Council is hoping that it will mellow him out and become less impulsive and reckless? Get him to become less of a hot head? smile.gif

I haven't seen much of TCW, but of course it's going to be a continuity nightmare, it's an open ended tv series. It has all of the constraints that ST, or in fact any TV Series does. The only show that I've seen able to maintain continuity over long periods was Babylon 5, and JMS wrote virtually every single significant episode himself.

I'm guessing that by giving Anakin a padawan to train, the Council is hoping that it will mellow him out and become less impulsive and reckless? Get him to become less of a hot head? smile.gif

Well it looks like they did their job too well then. By the time AOTC and ROTS he was such a whiny spoiled brat/bitch. I think he would have better off and possibly not become Darth Vader if he had remained the cocky, stubborn, arrogant Jedi from TCW.smile.gif

Yeah, TCW had better characterization than the movies, I thought...

And as far as continuity is concerned, Lucas had dealt it a great blow with RotS anyways...