News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Forum consolidation poll

Should the Star Trek Only and Star Wars Only forums be merged into The Nexus?  

1. 1. Should the Star Trek Only and Star Wars Only forums be merged into The Nexus?

• Yes. Merge the Star Trek Only and Star Wars Only into the Nexus.
    • No. Leave the forums as-is.
    • I have a better idea.

I'm considering merging both the Star Trek only and Star Wars only forums into the Nexus. We really have too many distinct forums for our membership numbers to support. The VS section can stay as-is, but the Nexus will contain discussions of all sci-fi series, movies and books. My thinking is this will increase cross pollination of threads and allow for a more free flowing discussion, rather than having to worry about what forum is the most appropriate to post in. At least until our membership increases enough to support separate forums. The options in the poll are

1. Yes. Merge the Star Trek Only and Star Wars Only into the Nexus.

2. No. Leave the forums as-is

3. I have a better idea.

Please explain why you voted the way you did. Especially if you voted for #3.

I'm considering merging both the Star Trek only and Star Wars only forums into the Nexus. We really have too many distinct forums for our membership numbers to support. The VS section can stay as-is, but the Nexus will contain discussions of all sci-fi series, movies and books. My thinking is this will increase cross pollination of threads and allow for a more free flowing discussion, rather than having to worry about what forum is the most appropriate to post in. At least until our membership increases enough to support separate forums. The options in the poll are

1. Yes. Merge the Star Trek Only and Star Trek Only into the Nexus.

2. No. Leave the forums as-is

3. I have a better idea.

Please explain why you voted the way you did. Especially if you voted for #3.

At least twice you are saying "Star Trek Only and Star Trek Only". Typo. smile.gif

This is an easy decision. Merge the fucking forums. I've been thinking about suggesting something like this for a while. We really do have too many forums for, what, like 10 people?

Yes. Merge them.

Do not merge them, because if you do we'll have to decide which threads are more powerful, and who'se threads would win, SW or ST... tongue.gif

Seriously, I fail to see what one less forum will change here...

Do not merge them, because if you do we'll have to decide which threads are more powerful, and who'se threads would win, SW or ST... tongue.gif

Seriously, I fail to see what one less forum will change here...

Well, the idea is to make the board look busier so people who stop by will have a better chance of joining.

OK. If there's no further comments, the forums will be consolidated tonight.

Well, the idea is to make the board look busier so people who stop by will have a better chance of joining.

Ah, then merge them all... wink.gif