News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

UFP vs. Empire vs. Terran Dominion - Ground Combat

But you forget that some worlds had very small populations indeed. Tatooine's was only 400,000.

Other worlds with small populations:

Kessel: 122,000

Korriban: 1,000

Mandalore: 4 million

Dathomir: 5,200

Vjun: Negligible

And probably many many others.

Few miner change to either a hopper My link Or air Air tram they only once air force best air force in this war My link. In stromtrooper air plain suck with rule have place limit more hovercafts. Terran Dominion I know nothing air able. It most likely however lot weaken Gold shirts or Empires.

No, the Terran Marines are alot tougher than either Goldshirts or Stormtroopers. Unless, you were saying that they'd weaken the ST and SW ground forces, than yes, they would. Their basic grunt is a redneck in power-armor with a gun that fires hypersonic shells of depleted uranium at a rate of 30 rounds per second that can accurately snipe from a kilometer away. A glancing blow from one of those is enough to rip off a human arm. Civillian Gauss Pistols have been shown to cause heads to explode in a single shot.

As for Air Support, the Terran Dominion has:

Wraiths:

d_wraith%5B1%5D.jpg

Armament: Laser Cannons, Gemmini Missiles

Defeses: Cloaking Device (Lets it fire while cloaked)

Valkyries:

Valkyrie_SC1_Art1.jpg

Armaments: Missiles

Vikings:

viking.jpg

Armaments: Lanzer Torpedoes

However, the Viking can also transform into a walker.

VikingGroundMode_SC2_Game1.jpg

And Banshees:

BANSHEE-STARCRAFT-.jpg

Armaments: Bombs

Defenses: Cloaking Device, same as Wraiths'.

But you forget that some worlds had very small populations indeed. Tatooine's was only 400,000.

They'd fit under colonies and other lesser worlds. Member worlds would be like Coruscant, Corellia, Kashyyk, Naboo, etc...

First: I'm taking a page out of Mike Wong's book, and saying that since it can be assumed that Stormtrooper armor has a density greater than or equal to packing crates, the STs will wipe out the goldshirts.

Then I am also taking out a page of MW's book, and I'll say:

Prove it!

Prove that the material in packing crates is the same type and density as Stormtrooper armor... tongue.gif

I'm fairly sure that they also are designed to protect against shrapnel. In addition, do we have any proof that a phaser is equal or greater in armor-piercing power than a SW blaster?

Sure we do.

Phasers can blow up rock piles 10 feet wide by 8 feet high, and probably just as thick, as in ST: INS...

A smaller, thumb-sized Phaser can blast away a 2 meter wide rock, as in TNG's "Hide and Q"...

So, until you prove Stormtrooper armor can resist that kind of firepower, then the ST's incompetence and incapability to shoot straight will make them lose against the Goldshirts/Redshirts... smile.gif

They'd fit under colonies and other lesser worlds. Member worlds would be like Coruscant, Corellia, Kashyyk, Naboo, etc...

And what makes you think Naboo's population is not like Tatooine's?

We hav yet to see any mega cities on Naboo, but Mos Eisley sized ones?

Yeah, definitely...

Looking at the image above, Theed is probably no more than twice the area os Mos Eisley, and the buildings aren't any taller...

Same thing for Kashyyk...

Where are the big cities on that planet?

No, the Terran Marines are alot tougher than either Goldshirts or Stormtroopers. Unless, you were saying that they'd weaken the ST and SW ground forces, than yes, they would. Their basic grunt is a redneck in power-armor with a gun that fires hypersonic shells of depleted uranium at a rate of 30 rounds per second that can accurately snipe from a kilometer away. A glancing blow from one of those is enough to rip off a human arm. Civillian Gauss Pistols have been shown to cause heads to explode in a single shot.

As for Air Support, the Terran Dominion has:

Wraiths:

d_wraith%5B1%5D.jpg

Armament: Laser Cannons, Gemmini Missiles

Defeses: Cloaking Device (Lets it fire while cloaked)

Valkyries:

Valkyrie_SC1_Art1.jpg

Armaments: Missiles

Vikings:

viking.jpg

Armaments: Lanzer Torpedoes

However, the Viking can also transform into a walker.

VikingGroundMode_SC2_Game1.jpg

And Banshees:

BANSHEE-STARCRAFT-.jpg

Armaments: Bombs

Defenses: Cloaking Device, same as Wraiths'.

A You said space forces while Delta flyer and runabout had life support system off line they could act fighters under rules. If the Terran Dominion allow them the stromtrooper allow us tie bombers and tie fighters.Becuase left lifeless ground seem main battle decide air. BY the way UFP going wear environmental suits they can fight radical active environment and so stromtroopers.

They're all designed to work in the air, and the Banshee can't even go into space. Also, the Valkyrie and Viking (in air mode) can only target other aerial vessels. I'll be lenient and allow air support for all sides, but no orbital bombardment. The Wraith and Viking are aerospace fighters, and the Valkyrie fills a role more along the lines of a Republic Gunship.

Also, a Terran Marine's armor:

ss682.jpg

Is designed to protect it's wearer from the effects of nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. And yes, that is the standard Gauss rifle he's holding.

And what makes you think Naboo's population is not like Tatooine's?

We hav yet to see any mega cities on Naboo, but Mos Eisley sized ones?

Yeah, definitely...

Looking at the image above, Theed is probably no more than twice the area os Mos Eisley, and the buildings aren't any taller...

Same thing for Kashyyk...

Where are the big cities on that planet?

According to SW: Complete Locations the population of Naboo is 600 million while in the Essential Atlas it states a number as 4.5 billion. 72% Gungans 27% Humans 1% Other . Take it as you will. Most of the population would be underwater as they'd be Gungans. smile.gif 27% of 600 million would be 162 million. Theed is quite large in that pic you showed. May not have very tall buildings but the city is spread out almost as far as you can see going by that pic you linked.

Kashyyk's population stated in Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide to be 45 million. Take that as you will.

Alderaan had 2 billion. Taris, one billion. Geonosis, 100 billion. Around 25 ABY Manaan has a population around 100 - 500 billion. Until the Final Protocol was enacted sometime after 28ABY, Dac had a population of 27 billion. Nal Hutta 7 billion. Kamino, one billion. Felucia has 8.5 million. Corellia, 3 billion. Selonia, 16 million. Drall, 8 million. Ryloth, 1.5 billion. Aargau, 4.8 billion. Nar Shadda, 85 billion. Alsakan, 1 trillion. Denon, over 500 billion. Gerrenthum, 5 billion.

There are a lot of planets with populations in the millions to the high billions or low trillions. Now since there are 500K member worlds in the GE Senate plus 69 million lesser worlds it still makes it possible to have the IA numbered in the trillions.

What do you think the GE is? The UFP? smile.gif lol

But you also have to remember the Empire's policy toward non-humans. With very few exceptions (e.g. Thrawn), I can't say I've ever seen an alien in the Imperial Millitary. In fact, Thrawn's the only non-human guy in the Imperial Millitary I can think of.

I thimk unlikley any fighters tha Dominion Terran do much damage Runabout or Delta flyer. Both show able withstand hit captil starships. None weapon even sugestion near that level. As far as Dominion Terran fighter matter. Gold shirt help tircorder perosnal invisable to must senser. Personal force field stand equelment in 2504 according to star Terk online. This lead Terran Dominion ground Vehice being destory Delta flyers and Runabout. The Empire combat vechice worst off with no air support thank fact they tie fighter and tie bomber easily prey for both side. They left only stromtrooper. Gold shirt perosal force field able both surival radicin poise. Gold shirt left doing hit and run attacks againist both side. Basic turn into draw because Delta flyer and Runabout no way pick up the Dominion Terran fighters and bombers and the they no way shot down Delta flyer or runabout. It is a draw.

Those fighters can also take hits from SC Capital ships as well, although I doubt they could take the blast from a Protoss Purification (StarCraft version of Base Delta Zero/General Order 24). A single shot from one of the Wraith's laser cannons is capable of causing all the water in a human body to evaporate. Not to mention that the bullets from a Gauss rifle just bounce off a Wraith harmlessly. Considering just what is being flung out of a Gauss rifle, that's pretty impressive.

But goldshirts still lose to Marines. smile.gif

Oh and Enigma, Coruscant was the most heavily populated planet in the galaxy, and it had a population of 1 trillion.

Those fighters can also take hits from SC Capital ships as well, although I doubt they could take the blast from a Protoss Purification (StarCraft version of Base Delta Zero/General Order 24). A single shot from one of the Wraith's laser cannons is capable of causing all the water in a human body to evaporate. Not to mention that the bullets from a Gauss rifle just bounce off a Wraith harmlessly. Considering just what is being flung out of a Gauss rifle, that's pretty impressive.

But goldshirts still lose to Marines. smile.gif

Those weapon system that a SC fighter take form SC capital ships design to take out fighters. No evidnece sugestion take hit any weapon system design take out Capital starship deal heavy damage. Also they weak against ant aircraft weapons. SC capital starships or battle battle-cruiser. As for a bullet form a Gauss rife not surprising for Vehicle do deep space mission. To make simple have take smell piece space rock hitting hourly basics going many times the speed sound.

I am not sure how effective cloak technology work against Delta flyer or runabout. With fact detector type senser exist that can pick cloak units. Possible UFP only left aircraft to provide air-cover and knock enemy Vehicle.

But you also have to remember the Empire's policy toward non-humans. With very few exceptions (e.g. Thrawn), I can't say I've ever seen an alien in the Imperial Millitary. In fact, Thrawn's the only non-human guy in the Imperial Millitary I can think of.

True but we do not know the extent of the human population in the SW Galaxy nor do we know how many of the planets under GE control contain humans or the percentage of the population being human. But there are quite a few.

For example, Alsakan is a human world of one trillion, about the same population as Coruscant. Coruscant's population is made up of 78% human according to The Essential Atlas.

We do not know the details of all 500K plus 69 million lesser worlds nor should there be as it would take forever to read it all. Personally IMHO, humans in the SW galaxy are like locusts or cockroaches. They are everywhere and it is almost impossible to stamp them out. smile.gif

Then there's also the Empire's sexism. That's also a major source for lack of support for the Empire. Sure, we had Daala (who got to her position by sleeping with Tarkin), and Isard (who murdered her father to take his position).

Also, how the hell did the Empire go from having 10,000 worlds at the end of the Clone Wars to 69.5 million in only 20 years? Please tell me how in God's name that makes sense.

Then there's also the Empire's sexism. That's also a major source for lack of support for the Empire. Sure, we had Daala (who got to her position by sleeping with Tarkin), and Isard (who murdered her father to take his position).

Also, how the hell did the Empire go from having 10,000 worlds at the end of the Clone Wars to 69.5 million in only 20 years? Please tell me how in God's name that makes sense.

Wookieepedia has it that the Old Republic held upwards of 1.3 million worlds by the end of the CW while the CIS held about 10-40,000 systems.

Absorbing or gaining control other powers like members of the CIS which included the Trade Federation, Banking Clan and the Techno Union. The GE also conquered other worlds or got then to join up either diplomatically, bribery or by threats.

As for being male dominated, while that is true, one could imagine that the women still had a role albeit a behind the scenes supportive role like the women during WW1 and 2. They were not in combat roles but helped build the planes, were nurses and so forth.

I'm in favor of simply rebooting SW and start with a fresh clean slate. smile.gif

According to SW: Complete Locations the population of Naboo is 600 million while in the Essential Atlas it states a number as 4.5 billion. 72% Gungans 27% Humans 1% Other . Take it as you will. Most of the population would be underwater as they'd be Gungans. smile.gif 27% of 600 million would be 162 million. Theed is quite large in that pic you showed. May not have very tall buildings but the city is spread out almost as far as you can see going by that pic you linked.

Kashyyk's population stated in Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide to be 45 million. Take that as you will.

Alderaan had 2 billion. Taris, one billion. Geonosis, 100 billion. Around 25 ABY Manaan has a population around 100 - 500 billion. Until the Final Protocol was enacted sometime after 28ABY, Dac had a population of 27 billion. Nal Hutta 7 billion. Kamino, one billion. Felucia has 8.5 million. Corellia, 3 billion. Selonia, 16 million. Drall, 8 million. Ryloth, 1.5 billion. Aargau, 4.8 billion. Nar Shadda, 85 billion. Alsakan, 1 trillion. Denon, over 500 billion. Gerrenthum, 5 billion.

There are a lot of planets with populations in the millions to the high billions or low trillions. Now since there are 500K member worlds in the GE Senate plus 69 million lesser worlds it still makes it possible to have the IA numbered in the trillions.

What do you think the GE is? The UFP? smile.gif lol

Shit, those numbers literally came out of someone's ass, compared to what you see in the movies (although Naboo, I can believe, since a population of 167 Million can have it's biggest city at only 500 thousands to 1 Million).

But Geonosis, at 100 Billion?

Bull. Fucking. Shit...

Nothing in AotC or TCW shows us anywhere near the population density that would warrant 100 Billion...

Plus, we're supposed to believe that a Galaxy with that much population will be bankrupt by paying for an additional 5 Million Clones?

Come on...

But yeah, if you believe those numbers with absolutely no relation to what we see in the movies and TCW, then yeah, I guess the Empire will roll over the TE in a full out war, but I believe in these numbers just like I believe in our politicians' promises: Not at all... tongue.gif

As for being male dominated, while that is true, one could imagine that the women still had a role albeit a behind the scenes supportive role like the women during WW1 and 2. They were not in combat roles but helped build the planes, were nurses and so forth.

It's flat out stated that the Empire is a sexist society, Enigma.

Also, I agree with Praeothmin. How the hell could Geonosis support that many people, considering that the planet is an ecological disaster. There's almost no water.

And yeah, 5 million clones bankrupting the Republic doesn't seem to indicate a large population. Assuming that purchase and upkeep of the clones costs about 2 million credits each, that's only a cost of 10 trillion credits. If we assume credits are like dollars, then the U.S. government is richer than the Old Republic.

It's flat out stated that the Empire is a sexist society, Enigma.

And the U.S. wasn't? The U.S. was a sexist and racist society back in WW1 and WW2. Predominantly white men in the armed forces.

I never said it wasn't. I was just saying that it's racism and sexism would be a limiting factor in recruiting for the millitary. And for medics, most of them are either men or droids in the Empire.

Also, I agree with Praeothmin. How the hell could Geonosis support that many people, considering that the planet is an ecological disaster. There's almost no water.

And yeah, 5 million clones bankrupting the Republic doesn't seem to indicate a large population. Assuming that purchase and upkeep of the clones costs about 2 million credits each, that's only a cost of 10 trillion credits. If we assume credits are like dollars, then the U.S. government is richer than the Old Republic.

Think for a second. Republic while large had less member worlds than the GE. Fuck, The GE levied lots of taxes that enabled them to build TWO DEATH STARS AND ABOUT 25,000 IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYERS AND AT LEAST ONE SUPER STAR DESTROYERS!

Not counting the fact that the GE used Spaarti Clone tech to create millions of clones for the Stormtrooper Corps. The reason that it almost bankrupted the Republic was the cost of raising and training those Kamino clones for TEN YEARS!

The way the Republic and the Empire were run is completely opposite of each other. The Republic was vastly decentralized, quite ineffective as the Senate would squabble with each other preventing anything from being done. The GE on the other hand was very centralized with the Emperor holding all the power to enact anything he wanted. Which galactic power do you think would have been able to better raise funds? Which one had the Banking Clan by the neck?