News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Praeothmin

Favorite Tabletop Roleplaying games

I'll start:

Favorite RPG is Shadowrun.

I like the mix of Technology and Magic, of modern Earth and Fantasy.

It's like LotR mixed in with The Matrix and the Transporter movies...

I used to like Rolemaster, back when D&D was this non-logical mix of over and under rolls to determine outcome, where only warriors could have high strenght, but started liking D&D again with the 3rd Edition, when everything was simplified, and streamlined...

My greatest achievement in D&D was killing a "sandshark" with a critical hit using a shuriken (I was laying a 3rd edition Monk) before losing conciousness from loss of blood from my wounds, as it was trying to escape us because of it's wounds...

Worst D&D achievement was rolling 3 fumbles in a row which (using our "home" version of the fumble charts), and also rolling 3 times in a row "the character inflicts maximum damage upon himself", thus bringing my Cleric from 55 hps to -5 in 3 rounds... Ouch...

My greatest achievement in Shadowrun was rolling enough successes on my wound resistance test so that my Troll Ultra Street Sam received NO wounds from the .50 cal machine gun being fired at him, point blank... smile.gif

My worst achievement was when my human Physical Adept (equivalent of a high level 3rd D&D Monk), infiltrating a castle (in the "Harlequin's back" adventure book), was engulfed by a fire Elemental, which resulted in my character being burned to a crisp, and also resulted in the rocket launcher on my back, with 3 remaining rockets, and all my explosive ammo and grenades, exploding in a fiery ball of death which destroyed the last floor of the castle, killing everyone in it, including the castle's owner who the Elemental was protecting... tongue.gif

Heroes Unlimited from Palladium.

It is a modern day super hero game.

Greatest Achievement:

Has to be a tie. I destroyed the blob monster that could reproduce by division, and I had to hunt down like 5 of them, and one escape into some drainage pipes. I used my control over air(My name is AIRlocke, after all) to create a vacuum inside the pipe, behind the blob monster. This caused the air in front of the blob to try to create equilibrium, and, well, I think you know what happened after that. Lots of fire. Then there was the time that I, singlehandedly, led my team through a massive temple that was designed with room after room of pussles for us to solve. We were supposed to have gotten our powers stripped before going in, but I rolled a crit to dodge and got in WITH my powers. The temple became rather easy.

Greatest Failure: The time that I used my Fire Gauntlet to kill this guy that had a DEATH PEN, and was using it to kill people, in front of other people and took the death pen. I was disguised, but once the rest of the party found out that my character was working against them, well, I'm not allowed to play anymore. Because of one tiny mistake.

Also, just because it is bad ass, when I killed that guy, I used my fire gauntlet to flash-boil all of his cells. One second he was just sitting there, killing people, the next he was a bubbling puddle of goo on the floor. HAHA!

BTW...This makes me wanna play. Maybe we should really our own RP over here. I'd be willing to play shadow run if you will link and gm......Or I could run Heroes. Though, I would have to write up a setting......

I don't know how these games work. I've never played any tabletop games, other than regular board games like Monopoly and Risk.

Played once but it was the old version of Gamma World.

The city my character entered was a post apocalyptic Medieval city. In other words, a far future, burnt out version of an old 12th century town. The leader was so pathetic because he had around a 90 percent chance of going into an epileptic seizure when not in combat and 95 percent chance of going into an epileptic fit when in combat.

You can imagine that in the first roll, the leader didn't get a chance to greet us before falling down the stairs and us walking casually up to him and stabbed him many times. smile.gif

But that was many moons ago.

About five years ago I bought the newest version of Gamma World and a couple of companion books because I thought it would be great to recreate Fallout and have some fun. Alas, it was not meant to be as I got married and moved here.

Gamma World (can't remember what edition). I remember my character in a radiation zone going further and further in and gaining cool mutant powers only finding out from the GM after I died that I could have just stayed on the edge of the zone and survived to use my cool mutant powers.

Star Frontier(edition?). I remember my Draalasite and all the grenades he carried. I remember one time our party was traveling in our vehicle was attacked. We survived until my GM remembered all the grenades my character was carrying and I failed a saving throw. Stopped playing before we could spend the motherlode of gold we had acquired. All my planning down the drain.

D&D(2nd/3rd edition?). I remember having a ranger character that eventually became so ridiculously powerful along with the rest of the party that the GM decided we would make new characters and our old characters would be gods to our new characters and we'd be allowed to transfer 2 items from the old character to the new.

Star Trek RPG: Made characters never played it,

WH40K is for wankers and social maladjusts

/thread

You misspelled WOW.harhar.gif