News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What happen UFP cargo starship like one first movie alien had the samething happen to it

For what know UFP cargo starships. UFP cargo starship like the Antares-class starship carried about 12 crew member on it. Armed hand phasers type one at better what cargo ship alien had. It crew best bet send detress call for help anohter option had that crew alien did not have. So even if crew get kill likley last.

Cite your sources.

Also, please give a way such a thing could happen in the federation or to a Starfleet cargo hauler.

Hell, I'd believe it happening to a starship, but a cargo hauler, never in a million years. Maybe a research ship...

Cite your sources.

Also, please give a way such a thing could happen in the federation or to a Starfleet cargo hauler.

Hell, I'd believe it happening to a starship, but a cargo hauler, never in a million years. Maybe a research ship...

UFP contorl 8,000 light years worth of space. In Star Terk night terrors USS Enterpise D 29 days to reach USS Brattian that send detress call.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Brattain

It possible cargo hauler only starship in area at that time pick because found wornhole take differnt way planing going faster . In first Alien movie poeple cargo starship thought answer a destress call. It is unlikley UFP Antares-class cargo starship but it is possible.

UFP contorl 8,000 light years worth of space. In Star Terk night terrors USS Enterpise D 29 days to reach USS Brattian that send detress call.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Brattain

Relevance? The issue is that the Federation, having FTL travel, does not have multiple year lag times.

It possible cargo hauler only starship in area at that time pick because found wornhole take differnt way planing going faster . In first Alien movie poeple cargo starship thought answer a destress call. It is unlikley UFP Antares-class cargo starship but it is possible.

Do you even understand the basic premise of Aliens technology? NO FTL.

It took USS Voyager 70 years to 7,000 light year journy. Also USS Enterpise B once only starship near Earth that incould cargo ships. Cargo starship tractor beam more effective USS Enterpise B durign Star Terk Generations.

It took USS Voyager 70 years to 7,000 light year journy.

And this has what to do with the price of tea in china?

Also USS Enterpise B once only starship near Earth.

And Nil and A and C and D and probably E, plus the Defiant.

Hence why I said a starship would be believeable in the situation. whistle.gif

If wish see evidence watch this video form 7 minute 17 secounds to about 7 minute and about 22 secounds liston part were Pricord say because distace location we cen not help sooner then two weeks at earliest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XfarHbV5k&feature=related

Two weeks in pratice see UFP starship star systems to star systems less time. During Domimion war most UFP fleet in place major battle going making possible something like this happen way up.

If wish see evidence watch this video form 7 minute 17 secounds to about 7 minute and about 22 secounds liston part were Pricord say because distace location we cen not help sooner then two weeks at earliest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XfarHbV5k&feature=related

Two weeks in pratice see UFP starship star systems to star systems less time. During Domimion war most UFP fleet in place major battle going making possible something like this happen way up.

Two weeks is not the same as decades...

Really? I did not know that...

Also Cargo only ship closest to a planet 2 weeks away get they think get destress call form and nearest UFP starship to that cargo ship is two weeks away. crew cargo ship not knowing danger and come help might fear that those on terraible on that planet exstreat two weeks time take for another UFP starship get two weeks to late.

I don't even know what to say to that.

I do. With a 2 week, or even 2 month delay, an alien distress call would be answered by a military ship.

As for the setup, it's completely irrelevant. The federation does not have corporations like weyland-yutani. There would be no setup.

Hence military ship is sent. Given your starfleet wanking, how do you think they do?

Actually, I think this scenario is interesting.

We know, from ENT, that Fed cargo ships are slower than Starfleet ships, and we know the crew of the sulaco was killed very quickly.

So I don't doubt the alien could kill the entire crew of a Fed cargo ship before, say, the E-D arrives to help.

The man difference is, with transporters and Tricorders, the E-D would take care of the alien, after suffering from some losses, of course...

We know, from ENT, that Fed cargo ships are slower than Starfleet ships, and we know the crew of the sulaco was killed very quickly.

So I don't doubt the alien could kill the entire crew of a Fed cargo ship before, say, the E-D arrives to help.

The man difference is, with transporters and Tricorders, the E-D would take care of the alien, after suffering from some losses, of course...

What stop the Fed cargo ship form using own transporters beaming one alien into space?

We know that when the Starfleet is the ONLY one capable of warp 5, independant cargo ships are slower.

None of that sentance applies to TNG.

He's trying to transplant the Alien scenario into the ST universe. Which is idiotic because of the technology/societal differences.

If he want's to do it during ENT, you could have a ton of fun with it, although he'd probably say "MACOs kill everything! DURR!"

I actually think that this would be the best Star Trek episode, ever. But, really, it would end with Giordi taking Obrien's transporter away so he can seperate the baby xenos from Star Trek creman, then work would kill the fuckers. Then they would destroy the cargo ship that has all of the xenos on it. Picard would close out the episode with some monologue questioning if it was a good idea to end the parasites' lives.

Don't. For all we know, all that will do is get them to declare war on us.

Let change little bit let say instead cargo starship force land on Alien planet. Human had first contact blood thirst monster form movie Alien. To do some kind repair gravity systems off line. Few crews did interest strange life heading investgate. One alien form movie alien infect crew member not knowing danger of what bring ship. How do guys turn out in this case.

We know that when the Starfleet is the ONLY one capable of warp 5, independant cargo ships are slower.

None of that sentance applies to TNG.

TOS had Starfleet ships that were faster and more powerful than cargo ships, ENT had the same, DS9 had the same, so why would it not be the same in TNG?

TOS had Starfleet ships that were faster and more powerful than cargo ships, ENT had the same, DS9 had the same, so why would it not be the same in TNG?

Because you aren't an idiot, I'm going to deliberately ignore the fact that it should be obvious to anyone that I'm making comparisons to the multi-month cargo ship journeys.

Are you implying that you think there is a difference on the level needed to make this situation work in any of those shows?

You can't have it both ways, if ST has technology low enough to make this interesting, then they get their ass handed to them by just about every spacefaring universe.

Because you aren't an idiot, I'm going to deliberately ignore the fact that it should be obvious to anyone that I'm making comparisons to the multi-month cargo ship journeys.

Are you implying that you think there is a difference on the level needed to make this situation work in any of those shows?

You can't have it both ways, if ST has technology low enough to make this interesting, then they get their ass handed to them by just about every spacefaring universe.

Let talk how this could happen UFP cargo starship pick up a fleet domimion attack fighters right for happen near by wornhole fled to wornhole that wornhole get other side Domimion attack fighters. Then UFP cargo starship pick up a distress call near by star system. Nearest UFP starships at warp 9 take three months get thier. UFP Cargo starship goes at top speed UFP cargo starship use beam down away team. One wayteam alien egg thing. They beam team back what happen crew member now infect guess work. IN star Terk show Enterpise cargo starship had at least one doctor. What next guess work if still carries even Hologramic doctor alien egg now in side the person beam out into vacom of space. IF not that crew member died soon the rest crew fight surival. Likley carries better weapons then peopel that movie aliens. Most likley type one hand phasers. Guess they some odd reason just beam alien off starship most likley just kill it.