News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
StarDestroyerAvenger

ASVSers: Why oh why do you hate Mike so?

*yawn* I don't actually care about him, whoever the hell you are. You're the one coming in here trolling, and hijacking every thread into an SDN advertisement. We're not really even competing with them. They are what they are and we are what we are. If you like them so much, why are you here?

I'm not afraid of Mike. He is arrogant but that is who he is. I don't agree with him lots of times. He'll psycho-analyze you and ignore you if you tell him he's wrong. But then again I don't particularly care what he does since SDN is his site and he can do whatever he wants.

Speaking of his armchair psychiatrist routine...

His analysis usually consists of comparing whatever he doesn't like to religious fundamentalism in one weird way or another. The line "this is not unlike religious fundamentalists" is starting to become something of a joke, and the fact that he does it almost constantly would probably have Freud chime in with a few thoughts of his own. I mean don't get me wrong, when I was a kid I used to do the same thing, associate everything I didn't like with each other. If I didn't like grandma's cookies, then you could bet your sweet ass I'd peg grandma's cookies as something Skeletor cherished and ate constantly. But then I stopped being a kid and realized that just because I don't like two things doesn't necessary mean those two things are related.

I never really liked him that much because he came off as highly opinionated (ALOT). That was really my only beef with him, but it was noticeable enough to result in my dislike of him.

I can't hate a guy I don't know.

I don't like his debating style, but I certainly don't hate him.

I even share some of his point of views, mostly pertaining to politics, and human rights (where criminal's rights end and ours should begin, etc...).

That's it, end of story... smile.gif

I think the real question SDA wanted to aks is:

Why do a lot of people, on a lot of boards, still keep talking about him and SDN? emot-iiam.gif

The answer is quite simple:

SDN is a very big vs site, and has been there for a long time, and, like it and its conlcusions or not, it is a model of a successful vs site.

Also, a lot of people still don't agree with their conclusions, and since the debate is essentially over at SDN, these people need to address these conclusions elsewhere.

As for Mike, well, he's the one who started SDN, and I said it before, and I'll say it again, his site is well presented, his analyses well written (even if biased).

His determination never to be proven wrong have pushed some people to be just as thorough as he is in counter analyzing everything, to the point of obsession.

In other words, like it or not, he's a vs reference... mysterysolved.gif

I never really liked him that much because he came off as highly opinionated (ALOT). That was really my only beef with him, but it was noticeable enough to result in my dislike of him.

What the fuck is wrong with being highly opinionated?

What the fuck is wrong with being highly opinionated?
Its annoying, especially if you're the 'this is what I think, so anyone who disagrees with me is fucking retarded.' type.

Its annoying, especially if you're the 'this is what I think, so anyone who disagrees with me is fucking retarded.' type.

Ah, but that's not being opiniated, that's being an obtuse moron... Quite different... laugh.gif

Ah, but that's not being opiniated, that's being an obtuse moron... Quite different... laugh.gif
No, I'm standing by my original statement. I just simply mentioned a type of highly opinionated person.

No, I'm standing by my original statement. I just simply mentioned a type of highly opinionated person.

You're right, it seems I suffered from an Inigo Montoya moment:

"That word you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means!"

This is a definition of "opinionated" from an online dictionary:

"Holding stubbornly and often unreasonably to one's own opinions."

And here I thought it only meant someone having opinions on every subject... blush.gif

Mike huh.gif

Stivic huh.gif

Oh yeah! Him.

From Chicagoland, moved to Queens, married an ogre's daughter.

He leans Left of center smile.gif

Moved to the Golden State last I heard.

You're right, it seems I suffered from an Inigo Montoya moment:

"That word you keep using, I do not think it means what you think it means!"

This is a definition of "opinionated" from an online dictionary:

"Holding stubbornly and often unreasonably to one's own opinions."

And here I thought it only meant someone having opinions on every subject... blush.gif

This. I was also a bit confused on the meaning of the word, I guess.

Mike huh.gif

Stivic huh.gif

Oh yeah! Him.

From Chicagoland, moved to Queens, married an ogre's daughter.

He leans Left of center smile.gif

Moved to the Golden State last I heard.

Our court jester is making even less sense than usual.

Our court jester is making even less sense than usual.

Think "All in the Family". Meathead!

Excuse me smile.gif But who is Mike? And what's an e-peen? emot-iiam.gif

Mike Wong. He runs SDN (StarDestroyer.net). A good board but they look down on trolls.

Awww, looks like someone needs to call the WHAAAAAAAmbulance

Well, well, I knew you lacked creativity, but c'mon. A fourth grader would be embarrassed to use that one. If you are going to troll, do it right or gtfo. Are you seriously this retarded?

Are you seriously this retarded?

After reading all his posts, you have to ask? laugh.gif