News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
enigma

SW Super Beings vs. ST Super Beings

Fight! Overall I'd say ST would win for once. smile.gif

Yeah, thee isn't much of a contest on that one. It's kind of hard to beat a Q.

Yeah, thee isn't much of a contest on that one. It's kind of hard to beat a Q.

Just because I personally think it'll be hilarious to argue otherwise.

If Q takes on human form when encountering a Jedi or Sith then he'll have the same reflexes as a human, as was evidenced in the DS9 episode where Sisko decks Q. The "super powers" in speed and reflexes granted by the force may allow Q's adversaries to get the drop on him.

Just because I personally think it'll be hilarious to argue otherwise.

If Q takes on human form when encountering a Jedi or Sith then he'll have the same reflexes as a human, as was evidenced in the DS9 episode where Sisko decks Q. The "super powers" in speed and reflexes granted by the force may allow Q's adversaries to get the drop on him.

And as his reply to Sisko when he was told "I'm not Picard!" indicates, he wanted to be hit, and found it amusing, so even if the Jedi hit him with their LightSabres, I doubt very much that a being who needs weapons that create super-novas to kill will be much worried by a "light-stick"... laugh.gif

I expected this so a little adjustment is being made. Drop Q or the Continuum from the list. Can ST still win?

I expected this so a little adjustment is being made. Drop Q or the Continuum from the list. Can ST still win?

Then he isn't a super being. He's been exiled form the continuum before. He was nothing more than a normal man.

The Dowd, the Organians, Trelayne, the Prophets, the Pagh-Wraiths...

Yes, ST still wins hands down... grin.gif

I seem to remember reading in one of the books that Trelayne was a Q youngling, so he needs to be dropped from the list as well.

I seem to remember reading in one of the books that Trelayne was a Q youngling, so he needs to be dropped from the list as well.

Books don't count. They're not recognized as canon or official in any way by Paramount, so that is out.

Except that those you've listed are stationary and can be avoided. My memory is fuzzy on the TOS ep with Trelayne but was he stuck on one planet or could he go where he pleased?

Books don't count. They're not recognized as canon or official in any way by Paramount, so that is out.

Ah. I wasn't sure if the books were canon or not.

Except that those you've listed are stationary and can be avoided. My memory is fuzzy on the TOS ep with Trelayne but was he stuck on one planet or could he go where he pleased?

Well then it wouldn't be a vs. match up then wouldn't it?

wink.gif

Well then it wouldn't be a vs. match up then wouldn't it?

wink.gif

Just providing a challenge. smile.gif

Actually, the Prophets are in the wormhole because it's their home, but we've never had any indication that they could not, if they so desired, move from there.

Pagh-Wraiths and Prophets could impart some of their powers on mortal creatures (Dukat, Sisko) and through them fight it out.

Trelayne might have been, but his parents weren't, and they're the ones who "kept" Trelayne on the one planet.

The Organians, while residing on the planet, have not shown themselves to be incapable of moving, and even more important, they were powerful enough to threaten the Klingon Empire and Earth, all from their own planet.

So they would not need to move to affect those they wanted to affect...

ST still wins... smile.gif

With the exception of Trelayne's parents, no one has shown to leave their planet. Did Sisko or Dukat showed abilities to pose a threat to a Force user?

The Feds fought the Klingons later on yet the Organians did not interfere. Is it because they chose not to interfere or is it that the fight was beyond their sphere of influence?

Prophets could be dealt with by shutting the wormhole. The Organians could be dealt with by a liberal use of the Death Star at a far enough range that the Organians would not be able to do anything.

The only one that would succeed is Trelayne. Somehow defeat him and his parents will show up and wipe out the SW fleet

Enigma, when the Organians forced both sides to stop their conflict, they did so by incapacitating weapons of both "Empires", over these "Empires" total territories (as fas as Earth and Kronos, even).

So they could indeed stop the DS from firing, no matter how far it places itself.

The DS needs to be within a certain range to be effective, while the Organians affected weapons and spaceships lightyears away.

Why they didn't interfere later is up for speculation, but not their power... wink.gif

Did Sisko or Dukat showed abilities to pose a threat to a Force user?

Well, a Pagh-Wraith infested Dukat killed Jadzia, this way:

Dukat suddenly picks her up with fiery energy and then drops her lifeless body on the ground. He then effortlessly reaches through the force field and opens the Orb casing

So yes, I do believe an infested person is a threat to a Jedi, especially when a Bounty Hunter is able to kill one... grin.gif

T

he only one that would succeed is Trelayne. Somehow defeat him and his parents will show up and wipe out the SW fleet

Well, since Trelayne, even planet-side, had the ability to stop the E-nil, and do whatever he wanted with the crew of the ship, I doubt the Empire could do anything to him.

And yes, in the odd chace they could, then his parents would whipe the floor with the Empire... laugh.gif