News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Wesley Crusher: Why the hate?

I never understood why people hated this character so much. Sure he was a bit dopey, but he was supposed to be a KID. I always kind of liked his character. He's certainly not anywhere NEAR as bad as say, a Jar Jar Binks.

Link? I don't recall seeing it.

Something about the fans wanting him dead so instead of getting rid of him the execs put in a character that was even more annoying that only Wesley could see and hear. Think Kazoo in the Flintstones. The response was that the fans said to keep the new character but still kill off Wesley.

I never understood why people hated this character so much. Sure he was a bit dopey, but he was supposed to be a KID. I always kind of liked his character. He's certainly not anywhere NEAR as bad as say, a Jar Jar Binks.

Watch the first couple seasons again. He was constantly running onto the bridge saying something like "I was just doing some research for my science project and saw something horribly wrong with the ship that you 'fully grown experts in your fields' didn't see. Here is some magic solution to your problem. Riker stop being a douche bag about my age." Isn't that a bit of a hack writing job? I think yes. It wasn't so much Wesley as the Mary Sue that he was. Personally, I always hated Riker much more.