News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Khas

"Zero Hour" Orbital Bombardment

A decidedly less-than-impressive display of Imperial firepower:

We've seen better displays of Turbolaser fire in the past. It seems odd to me that several ISDs would be going balls-deep with their forward guns on the planet, and their firepower being turned way down to have less impact than modern anti-tank weaponry. The scene is puzzling to me. 

This COULD just be a low-end in terms of firepower (with the asteroid vaporization scene in TESB as a high-end), but it is consistent with the Imperial light cruiser's turbolaser fire shown in "Ghosts of Geonosis".

Then, we have this from TCW's "Downfall of a Droid", where AT-TEs pose a threat to Separatist capital ships:

For a demonstration of AT-TE firepower, see here:

Lol there are books and movies. Kid cartoon visuals lol. Don't worry soon Disney will need to do the trilogy trilogy supercomplete incredible cross sections

Uh, I've read some of the books of the new canon, and believe me, the firepower shown there isn't terribly impressive either.  Like in "A New Dawn", where the only reason they think they can destroy the moon Cynda is due to its unique crystalline structure, or in "Tarkin", where the planet Murkhana went from "tropical paradise" to "hellhole" only after YEARS of orbital bombardment.

Also, the ICS is a children's book as well, so that "kids' cartoon" argument is invalid.

Third - with the new "Lucasfilm Story Group" there to keep things consistent (and since one of its members is Pablo Hidalgo - a known opponent of the ICS numbers), good luck seeing that return.

And now, the big question?  Why the fuck am I wasting my time with someone who, from all appearances, learned grammar from a bunch of 12-year-old "Call of Duty" trolls?

Oh, and one more thing.  According to the new canon policy, all new stories have to be consistent with what was canon when the Disney-pocalypse happened.  Those being the (then) six movies and The Clone Wars.  Now, it'd be eight movies, The Clone Wars, and Rebels, but the point still stands that all new canon stories have to be consistent with the movies and TV shows, in terms of firepower, tech, and such.  And as you can imagine, the AOTC: ICS is nowhere NEAR consistent with what's shown there.

That is, the books and movies made AFTER the Disney-pocalypse.  Which, as I've said, also show less-than-stellar firepower, apart from superweapons like Starkiller Base.  Which, admittedly, is pretty much just the Galaxy Gun.