News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Legendm

SDN's humor branch.

*shakes his head* another idiot using phpbb... and it's an old crappy version at that ^^

*shakes his head* another idiot using phpbb... and it's an old crappy version at that ^^

I think it's one of those free PHPbb boards. You don't have to pay for the board or the space, but you're stuck with cookie cutter old ass software and limited customization.

You do know that the Senate as of this moment has been nuked. Mike got pissed off and locked it. I think he's planning to overhaul it and start over.

You do know that the Senate as of this moment has been nuked. Mike got pissed off and locked it. I think he's planning to overhaul it and start over.

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us.

I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council

permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept

away."

Seriously, though. It sounds like he's self destructing. He runs a board that has become notoriously uptight, then he shuts off the only real release valve his members have. Then he shuts down the House of Commons, and now the Senate. As much as Wong claims to hate us ASVSers, the fact is he WAS one of us. His core group of supporters were ASVSers. He's started alienating them one by one. Poe is gone, Strowbridge is sick of him, Dalton doesn't spend near as much time there as he used to. He's banned or driven away most of the ASVS support he had. You can only shit on people so many times before they stop coming around. Enigma, if you know some of these people from testing, tell them about this place.

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us.

I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council

permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept

away."

Seriously, though. It sounds like he's self destructing. He runs a board that has become notoriously uptight, then he shuts off the only real release valve his members have. Then he shuts down the House of Commons, and now the Senate. As much as Wong claims to hate us ASVSers, the fact is he WAS one of us. His core group of supporters were ASVSers. He's started alienating them one by one. Poe is gone, Strowbridge is sick of him, Dalton doesn't spend near as much time there as he used to. He's banned or driven away most of the ASVS support he had. You can only shit on people so many times before they stop coming around. Enigma, if you know some of these people from testing, tell them about this place.

He was stupid to decimate Testing (hell, Shep is practically gloating over that and since he's now a full blown mod, he's reminding everyone in Testing that anything that is posted is temporary and will be nuked. As if we didn't know that. Every post made in Testing was subject to an autoprune since it's inception yet Shep gloats by reminding us of the obvious.), and it was retarded to shut down the HoC. HoC was basically a suggestion box.

The Senate I agreed that it needed to be shut down. Many of them couldnt agree a course of action in Stark's case. Plus the rules for which one can get in was idiotic to say the least. Shep became a mod and yet was automatically made a Senator and his first course of action was to try to get rid of Stark by flat out lying and was too lazy to do actual research. As much as I hate Stark, at least he was elected and made the Senate interesting. Whereas Shep if he wasn't a mod, would never have been elected into the Senate.

Bah!

SDN knows of this site but is largely ignored.

RayCav and Legendm, why don't you guys sign up and check out that testingstan webforum that Legendm posted the link for. I know that some are looking for good ol'Schuyler Colfax. smile.gif

RayCav and Legendm, why don't you guys sign up and check out that testingstan webforum that Legendm posted the link for. I know that some are looking for good ol'Schuyler Colfax. smile.gif

That's what RayCav was talking about. Not SDN. We already know their opinion.

Well RayCav and Legendm can sign up and spread the gospel that is ASVS! Preach on brothers! Preach on! smile.gif

Yeah, in terms of the wisdom of that idea....

Why not? The majority only know you by reputation and besides, testingstan suits you to a T. smile.gif

Hi all smile.gif Nice to see people have noticed my board. Yeah I knew about you guys from the thread on SDN. I probably won't post much here, don't really have the time, but I will emerge from lurking occasionally, but since we were being talked about thought I'd pop in.

I think it's one of those free PHPbb boards. You don't have to pay for the board or the space, but you're stuck with cookie cutter old ass software and limited customization.

I do actually pay for the space and the bandwidth. I'm using phpbb for 2 reasons, firstly because I was more familiar with it than other software, and secondly because when we started the majority of the founding guys wanted it like SDN as they were used to. However were I starting it now, I would have used something else because having mucked around with it I have found that phpbb can be a right royal pain in the arse, but it is what the people there generally want and it would be too much effort to change now.

Hi all smile.gif Nice to see people have noticed my board. Yeah I knew about you guys from the thread on SDN. I probably won't post much here, don't really have the time, but I will emerge from lurking occasionally, but since we were being talked about thought I'd pop in.

Welcome. Glad to have you here, and I hope you'll stop by often. smile.gif I'll register at your site as well. It's a shame Wong neutered Testing at SDN. It seems to me that he's set on removing as much fun as possible.

I do actually pay for the space and the bandwidth. I'm using phpbb for 2 reasons, firstly because I was more familiar with it than other software, and secondly because when we started the majority of the founding guys wanted it like SDN as they were used to. However were I starting it now, I would have used something else because having mucked around with it I have found that phpbb can be a right royal pain in the arse, but it is what the people there generally want and it would be too much effort to change now.

Thanks for the clarification. I know there are some ad supported places that you can start a board at. I thought you might have been using one of those. As far as the software goes, going with what your users like is definitely a big consideration. I started out with SMF but it was downright horrible. It was a pain in the ass to use, and really slow, so I changed to IPboard. It's worlds better than SMF.

Welcome. Glad to have you here, and I hope you'll stop by often. smile.gif I'll register at your site as well. It's a shame Wong neutered Testing at SDN. It seems to me that he's set on removing as much fun as possible.

It was a pity, but on the other hand it lead us to creating our own place, which has been much more successful than I expected (I expected it to have died down after a couple of days, but it seems to be self sustaining now). Hopefully it also leads to a reduction of tensions over at SDN.

Thanks for the clarification. I know there are some ad supported places that you can start a board at. I thought you might have been using one of those. As far as the software goes, going with what your users like is definitely a big consideration. I started out with SMF but it was downright horrible. It was a pain in the ass to use, and really slow, so I changed to IPboard. It's worlds better than SMF.

Yeah originally one of the other members set up a forum at one of those ad supported sites, lefora I think. The software was absolute shit, so I offered to host and things went from there.

I mean, I got invited, but I really don't think me joining would be a good idea.

It was a pity, but on the other hand it lead us to creating our own place, which has been much more successful than I expected (I expected it to have died down after a couple of days, but it seems to be self sustaining now). Hopefully it also leads to a reduction of tensions over at SDN.

Yeah originally one of the other members set up a forum at one of those ad supported sites, lefora I think. The software was absolute shit, so I offered to host and things went from there.

At the VERY LEAST use phpbb3 at least it's updated with the latest security etc. In the end, its your site remember that. Go with what has the best feel and features YOU think your site needs. People may scream, bitch and whine but if you don't cave in like another admin i know of, people get used to it and then start enjoying it smile.gif

At the VERY LEAST use phpbb3 at least it's updated with the latest security etc. In the end, its your site remember that. Go with what has the best feel and features YOU think your site needs. People may scream, bitch and whine but if you don't cave in like another admin i know of, people get used to it and then start enjoying it smile.gif

Yeah I'm using phpbb3. As I said if I was starting now I'd use something different, but it would be too much hassle for me to change it at the moment, we'll see what happens in the future.

Eh, maybe, but the last time I was mentioned at SDN everybody started acting like I was the world's worst serial rapist/killer. Even people who joined long after I got banned.

Dalton didn't exactly help things either dry.gif

I've talked PM'd the guy that activated my account and he doesn't mind you joining up even though he said he was going to ask to make sure. Most of the people there joined SDN after you were banned and therefore only know you by reutation. Plus Dalton as far as I know hasn't joined testingstan.

Dalton is very busy with RL things right now. He told me he hardly posts at SDN, let alone anywhere else.

Alright, well, I guess I'll join there.

If TimC and Howedar were there, and they have no beef with me being there, I'd join up now for sure.

Howedar hasn't been at SDN for over two years and I can't any members under the name TimC. There is a TimothyC, I think that is who you are referring to? He's at testingstan and SDN.

I know, I converse with him regularly at Shipbucket.

Heh, I suppose I should throw my Kaetjhasti shyppes out here to get more comments, though I still haven't finished the revisions from a professional going over them.