News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Electoral College

I altered it so it's correct however are you sure you want to use multiple choice? You know people are going to be jackasses and vote for all of them tongue.gif

I suppose it depends if you think we should have a democracy or a republic (as was originally intended). The entire purpose of the electoral college was to keep the power in the hands of the educated not the masses. I personally have no opinion. Why do you ask?

I altered it so it's correct however are you sure you want to use multiple choice? You know people are going to be jackasses and vote for all of them tongue.gif

And I did.laugh.gif

I suppose it depends if you think we should have a democracy or a republic (as was originally intended). The entire purpose of the electoral college was to keep the power in the hands of the educated not the masses. I personally have no opinion. Why do you ask?

In my opinion, most people aren't as stupid as the educated people want to believe. Sure you'd have a more interesting debate but ya know that stupid slogan they flail around "Your vote counts"? Yeah well that would DEFINITELY mean something if it was by popular vote. The system was setup to do a "check" etc and not to mention it's easier than hand counting millions and reporting it. Well that was the case back in the day now with this new technology that just showed up overnight called the internet it'd make it damn simple

And I did.laugh.gif

So did a few...

In my opinion, most people aren't as stupid as the educated people want to believe. Sure you'd have a more interesting debate but ya know that stupid slogan they flail around "Your vote counts"? Yeah well that would DEFINITELY mean something if it was by popular vote. The system was setup to do a "check" etc and not to mention it's easier than hand counting millions and reporting it. Well that was the case back in the day now with this new technology that just showed up overnight called the internet it'd make it damn simple

So did a few...

Have you ever talked to the average Hoosier Republican. They know nothing. Fucking nothing. They actually believed that Death Panels bullshit. I've also heard several, "Keep the government out of my Medicare"s here. I'll have to disagree with tyour opinion of the common people.

Is it too late to make voting single-choice?

The poll has been reset for those that decided to be asses to choose only one this time.

You will need to click delete my vote and recast it this time only for one thing.

The poll has been reset for those that decided to be asses to choose only one this time.

You will need to click delete my vote and recast it this time only for one thing.

Deleted my vote, and clicked to vote for one option and got this error message:

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

Deleted my vote, and clicked to vote for one option and got this error message:

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

Got the same message... blink.gif

In my opinion, most people aren't as stupid as the educated people want to believe. Sure you'd have a more interesting debate but ya know that stupid slogan they flail around "Your vote counts"? Yeah well that would DEFINITELY mean something if it was by popular vote. The system was setup to do a "check" etc and not to mention it's easier than hand counting millions and reporting it. Well that was the case back in the day now with this new technology that just showed up overnight called the internet it'd make it damn simple]

Touchy! I never said uneducated=unintelligent. I simply stated the original intent of the Electoral College. The votes were still counted back then (it just took longer) but many of the framers feared that people would lack info on the candidates and simply vote for their state or region's favorite son. At worst, no president would get a popular majority sufficient to govern the whole country. At best, the choice of president would always be decided by the largest, most populous States with little regard for the smaller ones. Also, many of the framers felt a direct democracy was a weak form of gov that would decay quickly. The idea of a democracy with national campaigns and political parties was very unsavory to many of them. Obviously peoples ideas and values have changed a lot since then, even the nature of the Union has changed very dramatically since its inception. Like I said, whether you still think the EC is a good idea really depends on your personal view of 'the masses'. biggrin.gif