News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Khas

Pancakes vs. Waffles vs. French Toast

Discuss.

Pancakes, because I prefer them...

You can put more stuff on them, eat only 2 and be full...

I find that both are quite good.  They have very different textures and their differences in preparation make each more appropriate for certain meals.  

However, I also have found that, since the dawn of the Age of Cycopses, it has become increasingly dangerous to prepare and eat waffles over pancakes, or flapjacks.  For in the last age, the giants did cleave to the waffle for its convenient shape and ability to hold syrup without becoming soggy as quickly.  In the days our fathers have left us, the mere preparation of pancakes has been shown to attract the titans and worse, to attract them with a great and mighty hunger raging in their brobdingnagian bellies no less!

Why, no sooner has one added milk to flour but the ground begins to shake.  The whisked egg shudders ever few moments as there is a lag between might foot falls.  The meager act of introducing salt to the forming batter draws more, and more step falls in the order of marching as other beasts join the light, yellow cake based odyssey.  You spoon will shake with the growing schism of quickeningly-paced footfalls as you try to introduce two tablespoons of vanilla to the batter.  A conch pulled from the oceans of ages bellows out through the air and aether alike as it is sounded to announce that they have scented the half-tablespoon of grated cinnamon being stirred in.  By the time that the first half-cup of batter has graced the lightly oiled iron, they will be outside your door, waiting for your delectation to finish the ancient ritual of griddle-frying...

...and wait they shall, as waffles take like, fifty fucking years to finish cooking.  I mean, seriously?  We can come up with a way to microwave eggs into a rubbery, disgusting mess, but we can't figure out minute waffles?  Come on, industry!  The hell?

But what about French Toast?  You left that out.