News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

This looks like an interesting movie. What I find particularly fascinating, is that it shows what is really likely to happen if Humanity were to come across a less advanced civilization. Forget the "We come in peace" "Prime Directive" fairy tales. This is who we are, as a species. Unfortunately.

That movie is coming out, too. I hope this isn't an anothe rmiss by shyamlan.

That movie is coming out, too. I hope this isn't an anothe rmiss by shyamlan.

Up top. That's what the thread was about, actually. The new James Cameron movie.

Up top. That's what the thread was about, actually. The new James Cameron movie.

I was perfectly aware. Cameron's movie does look decent, yet, from the previews, it looks as if it is glorifying the American way killing everything that isn't us. I do not like it.

I was perfectly aware. Cameron's movie does look decent, yet, from the previews, it looks as if it is glorifying the American way killing everything that isn't us. I do not like it.

I saw it a bit differently. I thought it appeared as a condemnation of the way we and many other countries have behaved in the past. Sort of a cautionary tale.

I saw it a bit differently. I thought it appeared as a condemnation of the way we and many other countries have behaved in the past. Sort of a cautionary tale.

The preview I saw definitely portrayed the humans as the heroes. I haven't watched the one you posted, can't at the moment. Might be different trailers.

The preview I saw definitely portrayed the humans as the heroes. I haven't watched the one you posted, can't at the moment. Might be different trailers.

There is clearly a division. At first we are the villains, but then it shows a group of humans that are trying to stop them once they realize what is going on.

Nothing in your head gave you a hint that was not what he was making. I mean seriously, this is James Cameron we're talking about.