News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Official Star Trek XII Discussion Thread

:D

A few days ago NEW NEWS about the next Trek flick was released. Stay tuned ...

More to come:)

I remember something about "detonating the fleet" or some such(?). :mystery:

Anyway I'll have to go & dig up some links about this:cool:

:plane:

Oh ...

here's the link:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/26/breaking-official-synopsis-for-star-trek-into-darkness-revealed/

I got it from Cap'n Wacky post in TK's MF STxII thread:D

:defiant:

My money's on Gary Mitchell as the villain.

I hope you don't mind, Afishymeadow, but I'm renaming this. As the film draws closer, we should really have an official discussion thread. :D

It could be a metaphor, or just detonating Starfleet command, or Spacedock.

I hope you don't mind, Afishymeadow, but I'm renaming this. As the film draws closer, we should really have an official discussion thread. :D

Nah! That's cool! :D

:Akira:

Trek 12 will feature a newly reimagined (& character assassinated) Harry Mudd, who'll be the Abrams Trekverse's Lex Luthor (think Gene Hackman's portrayal), who'll be Trek 12's antagonist/villain.

Trek 12's prologue will show 1996 Earth and Khan & Co. being expelled from Earth aboard the Botany Bay. Trek 13's primary villain will BE Khan & Co. Harry Mudd will be second fiddle/supporting villain/comic relief in Trek 13.

Here's a scene from right near the end of Trek 13:

"Harry Mudd, Ruler of Pacifica, activate the machine!"

Khan to Harry Mudd

Wouldn't making Gary Mitchell &/or Charlie Evans STxII's villain(s) be a major disservice & revision of those characters? If not outright character rape & assassination? Mitchell wasn't really a villain. He wasn't like Khan. Neither was Evans.

In WNMHGB Gary Mitchell, along with Dr. Elizabeth Dehner, fell victim to that energy disturbance/discharge on the real Delta Vega. That accident of electrical power, or whatever it was(?), turned them into the powerful "deities" they were in that episode. Mitchell became a different person due to that accident. But characterizing GM in that episode as a villain is an injustice & wrong. If anyone rewatches WNMHSB they'll see the scene where the REAL Gary Mitchell oomes back momentarily.

Similarly with Charlie Evans. I'd never put Evans in the same boat as Khan. He was a human child who had ended up alone/abandoned due to some circumstances, & ended up being raised by the Thasians. When reintroduced to the UFP and his own species as a teenager, he reacted very BADLY to it, due to his youth, & in BBS parlance, being a n00b regarding human &/or any other non-Thasian society.

Anyway, I hope STxII's TEH VILLIAN is neither of these two. And speaking of TEH VILLIANs, WHY the NEED for TEH VILLIANS in Trek flicks? ST:TMP didn't have one, despite its plodding traffic jam pace & flaws, & neither did STIV:TVH.

In hindsight NOW, why couldn't the first TNG movie had been "All Good Things..." instead of GENS? That situation (the Antitime Eruption) could easily have called for & involved Kirk & his crew too (if you think about it) in the story.

As teasers generally do, looks very compelling, doesn't really give much in the way of hints as to whether this will be good or not. Cool imagery though. Other than the lens flare, I never really found any criticism with the cinematography of Trek 11. Abrams knows how to set up a shot. We could argue until our fingers bleed about whether or not he's a good story teller but the man can film / manage a special effects house.

As teasers generally do, looks very compelling, doesn't really give much in the way of hints as to whether this will be good or not. Cool imagery though. Other than the lens flare, I never really found any criticism with the cinematography of Trek 11. Abrams knows how to set up a shot. We could argue until our fingers bleed about whether or not he's a good story teller but the man can film / manage a special effects house.

Since we only have just over a minute of footage to look at, we should certainly wait to see it before making judgements. I'm extremely excited.

:Akira:

Maybe the villain of STxII will be LAZARUS?

:mystery:

:spock:

I wonder if Spock :spock: will be in STxII? And/or Kirk Shatner? TEH SHAT could be in xII as the older Kirk Pine way in the future reflecting back ala Salieri in "Amadeus". Funny thing there, a "coincidence" of sorts, is Salieri was played by Ru'afo.

:spock:

Nah, it'll be Jason. A villain that refuses to lose, mainly because he doesn't know the definition of losing. :)

Watching a trailer on YT for STxII Benedict Cumberbatch's character, TEH EVEL VILLIAN, says something about it all NOT being real. Perhaps that's a hint &/or indication xII takes place on Talos IV(?). Maybe all of Abrams' Trek is just illusions created by the Talosians for Captain Pike's amusement & pleasure? Then you may ask WHY didn't they make Pike the hero then, as opposed to Kirk? Maybe in these particular illusions they're satisfying a need by Pike (perhaps subconscious) for the "life" he's "living", &/or that particular "life", to be as realistic & believable as possible.

Just a thought.

Maybe Cumberbatch's character is actually TEH HERO? Perhaps all this mumbo jumbo coming out about STxII is deliberate misinformation? Benedict is made to SEEM like TEH EVEL VILLIAN, when in fact he's THE SAVIOUR OF THE FEDERATION (and the Alpha & Beta Quadrants to boot!). Maybe THAT's the twist we're all in for?

Nah, it'll be Jason. A villain that refuses to lose, mainly because he doesn't know the definition of losing. :)

:D I'd pay REAL MONEY to SEE THAT! :lol:

• Like 1

It's probably all misdirection anyway. Paramount is likely trolling all of us and it's someone completely different.

It's probably all misdirection anyway. Paramount is likely trolling all of us and it's someone completely different.

:mystery:Maybe it's Porthos seeking wrath upon Scotty for transporting him to God knows where:mystery:

• Like 1