News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Federation from Starship troops doing misson of movie Aliens

Federation in Movie Starship troops pick lost contact one colony send starship to check out investigate the same mission from movie Alien.

Fact is one militery starship carry lot bigger crew then the USMC starship send in so could see Alien get crush simple numbers.

BTW, Jason. Have you had a chance to watch Brian Young's videos yet? Go into the Scifights video discussion forum. He's done some excellent work.

A Federation troop carrier will have hundreds of troopers on board and dozens of dropships. They will definitely have overwhelming numbers with which to face the xenomorphs: there were less than two hundred colonists at LV-426 to start with, and not all of them were infected.

Mobile Infantry armor and firepower seems to be at least a match for Colonial Marine equipment. They don't seem to have any APCs or other support vehicles (which the book version didn't need, due to their powered armor), but the APC didn't seem to be *that* much of a factor in Aliens.

MI might lose the unit on the ground and decide to nuke the place from orbit instead of risking more troops. The movie version aren't as gung-ho about recovering MIAs as the book version.

They lack sensor technology tell movement they did on hand more units even first unit other maybe unit say behind protect one civilian that little girl. Good number soldier lost by ambush in reactor area. It hard tell effective train though be since they much better train fight the xenomorph like monsters since Arachnids is a lot like the xenomorph in way fights. So might able retreat slowly us gun way making that makes xenomorps be unable touch them. Or more likley been bigger unit so some soldier would able get out first place. They likley nuke planet orbit at least. Maybe drop Q bomb destroy entire planet that way instead.

I should probably also mention that the MI in the movie are so catastrophically stupid that they might well lose the ship's entire troop complement through sheer incompetence.

How much military did get see in Starship troop movies. I saw two first and last starship troop. Foot soldiers last choice anyone choose. In last movie TV ads openly talk people good GPA and good reflex want pilots the intelligence area also seem very high demand on good grades. This even go doctor and other personal that we unlikely seen. Officer often very smart and some case in genus. I have agree average foot solder stupid and reckless. So again starship I doubt that militery commander aboard starship allow the foot soldiers to all good suicide mission. Tactic used find was a Brain bug and how capture it was ingenious and some tantic used against bug must part very smart.Kind separation high ranker officers for lower rank foot soldiers. So that also note factor involved for must stupid foot soldiers and smart officers and basic everyone starship as well. Fact officers so much better then what Colonial Marines had available.

I should probably also mention that the MI in the movie are so catastrophically stupid that they might well lose the ship's entire troop complement through sheer incompetence.

True that. If I gave the kids from the Irish kids' show "Quizzone" (found out about this on TV Tropes. They say that they must use Ireland's dumbest kids in it. Considering that when asked "what type of animal is a beagle, one of the kids answered "a Squirrelly-Bird", this is kind of justified) some machine guns, RPGs, flamethrowers, and the like, they would be more effective then the movie MI.

Now, if Jason had used the NOVEL version of the MI, who, frankly, can curbstomp just about any other ground force in sci fi (2 kiloton nuclear grenades, anyone?), then this would be just as big a curbstomp in the opposite direction.

I not be so sure about that one because science fiction villion afford have 2 kiloton nuclear grenades throw right at live tell tail about some science fiction need kill special way. Fact they even need ground force that effective put entire space force into question must at least star terk weapons hear or just get seem used once so know to little Star Terk ground force able make any thing but guess work able.