News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Young

Say hi to B-Y

Just introducing myself. My name is Brian. Some of you may have heard of me, but none of it was true. B)

Thanks. I'm gonna make this the official forum of my new site. You guys are pretty cool.

Like your site but I wish you have a text version of your videos as I am hard of hearing, so watching your vids is an act of futility for me. :)

Yeah, I saw lurking in another thread that you don't hear well. I'm sorry that prevents you from enjoying the videos. But I have to do what the heart wants to do. The majority of people should benefit more from seeing and hearing it all in video. People can't claim something never happened if I show it right there. :)

I'm attempting to put away all the foolishness most use, and try to do it right. I'm trying to put together a consistent set of criteria and not have too many preconceptions before reviewing the data.

My favorite TV show is Babylon 5, and the Minbari lost right out of the gate. Down goes Frasier.

I'll fill you in. The Minbari have significant advantages in firepower, numbers, stealth technology, etc. But they are dependent on jumpgates to navigate through hyperspace. The whole beacon system thing. So, take out the jumpgates, and they lose FTL capability.

Everyone talks about ship to ship combat, firepower, etc. But by my reckoning, you have to get your ship in position to fight first, because interstellar war involves interstellar distances. So logistics is the most important thing. In my system, logistics includes numbers, position, speed, and industrial capacity. Then ground combat, because the objective would mostly be to conquer, and always to defend, planets. The third thing is planetary bombardment, because some planets cannot be invaded. Coruscant, Narn, Founders home world, etc. After that are ship to ship combat, strategic planning or skill, etc.

We've spoken before, and I am truly sorry you can't enjoy the videos. I actually think about it. But I'm gonna do what hasn't been done before, and what I really want to do.

Um, firepower? What?

The Minbari Sharlin-cruiser Black Star was destroyed by two proximity blasts from 2-megaton warheads. The average photon torpedo has a yield of about 100 or so megatons, with some high-yield versions producing even bigger booms. Such as in the TOS episode "A Taste of Armageddon", when the Enterprise threatens to destroy all life on Eminiar VII, and is more than capable of doing so.

Not to mention other little tricks like the antimatter bomb used in "Obsession" which blew away half of a Class-M planet's atmosphere upon detonation.

Well, the remastered "Obsession" shots seem to lend credit to a massive explosion...