News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
paul

Changes to the site (month long updates)

So I had this long post about the changes going in and why it was going to take a month to do (lazyness, keyboard acting up so i'd have to wait till friday anyways etc) annnd my computer finally shits itself and dies lol. Soooo this will extend all the changes I was going to do by a factor of like a thousand since I'll have to do them all by netbook lol. (Including my DJing which will be much fun). Thank god I got an external for xmas that's all I'll say hehe.

Anyways --

Over the next month, things are going to be changing. Right now, the FU store is totally offline and all post acquiring systems disabled. This will be one of the 3 main systems to be updated first. The other two being the actual IPB version brought up to 314 since 320 is apparently coming down the pipe line, and the new mail system being installed for all users.

Other things in the works -

• Front page system
  • Custom Pages for story writers (easier linking)
  • New navigation bar with pull down menus for more things
  • Main Engineering is going to be redone. This will be a Question/Suggestion area only all other posts are going the way of raycav -- in the gutter (okay well I hope raycav goes there one day but meh hehe)
  • Neg rep icons will be added according to Enigma's ideas for them
  • ASVS Arcade updated and about 160 games hopefully added
  • Awards system redone and rebuilt to hopefully be more automated (or at least reactivated to be funny again)

That's about it that I can remember. I stupidly saved it to the main HD of the laptop i was using as a main computer so yeah, lost that list >.> Oh well I'm sure I'll remember down the road hehe. If there is something specific you'd like too see post away I'll see about the possibility of it.

Note for 3G/4G users -- There was reports that a certain ISP had blocked the site from access while another site hosted on the same server (subspace-radio.org) was accessible. After a lot of digging around, this is NOT an issue with the ISP but in how it's accessing the name servers that control how you get to this site. This issue is a top priority and hopefully should be fixed as soon as humanly possible. How it's busted is beyond me but I'll be redoing all the NS operations later this week since I have to streamline them anyways for other things coming down the road.

Updates completed -

• Main Engineering has been cleaned out of all irrelevant posts. All questions or comments about the site may go in here. General BS and stupid threads do not belong in here.
  • Mail system was enabled.
  • FU Store updated - http://forums.asvs.o...-store-changes/
  • IPB Updated to 3.1.4
  • Arcade updated and 120 games added.

8 Ball Champion still doesn't work in the Arcade.

Krispie Bounce doesn't submit scores.

8 Ball Champion still doesn't work in the Arcade.

Krispie Bounce doesn't submit scores.

Well if my computer didn't decide to shit itself to the point it BSOD'd yesterday (and I just said fuck it and went to bed lol) this probably would of been handled yesterday.

All the games are being pulled off the arcade and reinstalled along with the latest version to make sure most of them work. But thanks for the notice smile.gif

Well if my computer didn't decide to shit itself to the point it BSOD'd yesterday (and I just said fuck it and went to bed lol) this probably would of been handled yesterday.

All the games are being pulled off the arcade and reinstalled along with the latest version to make sure most of them work. But thanks for the notice smile.gif

No prob but the 8 Ball issue is an old one. I've mentioned this to Tyralak before months ago. smile.gif

I'll be keeping an eye out for the updates.

Since I'm now over my strep \o/

The new system for authors is being completed and should be functional tomorrow.