News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Possible solution to the problem that is Abrams' STAR TREK for fans who didn't like it.

Besides simply ignoring nuTrek & pretending it never existed.

Whether this is a cop-out or not is irrelevant.

Solution:

Abrams' STAR TREK was a Talosian telepathically manufactured false reality & illusion for the immobile Captain Christopher Pike.

And Old Spock can still be the REAL Spock.

Spock`s ship got damaged, lost & unfortunately, & unbeknownst to him, wound up back on Talos IV.

So, in ST's real world, Nero never existed, & Romulus was never destroyed accidentally.

All false events, an unreality, manufactured by the Talosian's hyperpowerful telepathic minds.

Wheelchair bound immobile Pike still alive in the Picard/Sisko/Janeway Era?

Possible. Probable if received proper health care & nutrition.

This is my gift to fans who disliked &/or are on the fence about Trek 2.0.

Besides simply ignoring nuTrek & pretending it never existed.

Whether this is a cop-out or not is irrelevant.

Solution:

Abrams' STAR TREK was a Talosian telepathically manufactured false reality & illusion for the immobile Captain Christopher Pike.

And Old Spock can still be the REAL Spock.

Spock`s ship got damaged, lost & unfortunately, & unbeknownst to him, wound up back on Talos IV.

So, in ST's real world, Nero never existed, & Romulus was never destroyed accidentally.

All false events, an unreality, manufactured by the Talosian's hyperpowerful telepathic minds.

Wheelchair bound immobile Pike still alive in the Picard/Sisko/Janeway Era?

Possible. Probable if received proper health care & nutrition.

This is my gift to fans who disliked &/or are on the fence about Trek 2.0.

I actually think that would be the most disappointing of all scenarios. I like the Abrams version of Trek. Making it "all a dream" ala "Newhart" would be unforgivable, IMHO.

I actually think that would be the most disappointing of all scenarios. I like the Abrams version of Trek. Making it "all a dream" ala "Newhart" would be unforgivable, IMHO.

Agreed.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing Bob Newhart make an appearance in a ST movie... laugh.gif

Yeah, it would be like a giant bitch slap to those of us who like the movie.

There is always the 'go back in time and fix everything- except the stuff you like' route. But i personally find those a bit annoying. And that doesn't seem very likely. Abrams does not seem to subscribe to the Roddenberry optimistic vision of the future - where everything works out in the end. Also complex characters and dark realism are very popular right now so I don't foresee many pat resolutions to the new story lines. Of course you never know, anything is possible, maybe the next movie will have tribbles!