News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Ado Mortumee

Forerunner Vs the Ancients (Stargate)

Ancients at the height of their power and the entire Forerunner Maginot Sphere from just before the final battle against the Flood have been placed on opposite ends of a copy of the Milky Way. First contact (by act of the bored Q who did all this in the first place) doesn't go well and the war begins.

Who wins?

A Maginot Sphere?

Would that be a sphere I avoid by invading Belgium?

What, pray tell, is this doing in the "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" section?

A Maginot Sphere?

No its a sphere of space a thousand light years across where there the Forerunner drew the line against the Flood.

For info on the Forerunner this thread has most of the data on what we currently know of them.

What, pray tell, is this doing in the "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" section?

G.I.R's Waves of Deadly Stupidness made me press ST Vs SW instead of Other Vs.

A Maginot Sphere?

Yes by executing a wheeling maneuver through Belgium's star you can outflank the Maginot Sphere

Ancients at the height of their power and the entire Forerunner Maginot Sphere from just before the final battle against the Flood have been placed on opposite ends of a copy of the Milky Way. First contact (by act of the bored Q who did all this in the first place) doesn't go well and the war begins.

Who wins?

Nice. Could we have more information, like, err... what they plan to do, where they first meet, what they can conquer, and what's the resources of both sides?

What's the Ancients at their height?

It's quite vague. You could say that they were at their height before the plague, since the move to Pegasus was like an attempt at saving furniture with all the healthy ones. Yet, the problem is that before moving to Pegasus, they weren't at war with anyone. They started fighting the Wraith at around -8100 BC iirc.

What's the Forerunner's most iconic achievements, and in a more technological way, what's the best techs they brought?

Yes by executing a wheeling maneuver through Belgium's star you can outflank the Maginot Sphere

It's pretty much a binary star about to split, so it might be a tricky in the meantime.

WHICH ONE OF YOU FOOLS POLLUTED THE ST VS. SW FORUM?

I SWEAR, THIS JOB IS WORK... WORK... WORK!

WHICH ONE OF YOU FOOLS POLLUTED THE ST VS. SW FORUM?

I SWEAR, THIS JOB IS WORK... WORK... WORK!

Don't feel bad, it took me a month to notice it was in the wrong forum

Where's Prophet? Your thread is dying. And we need some beer btw.

Busy, very busy. And just a sec now. *Goes into TARDIS and spends several minutes looking around for the beer* Ah, here we go. *Pops back out with a case of cold beer* Here you go.

Nice. Could we have more information, like, err... what they plan to do, where they first meet, what they can conquer, and what's the resources of both sides?

Pre-contact? They each spend five years rebuilding their civilization before doing any major exploring. Upon contact when things go sour (about half way between their territory) and once both their governments find out about it they prepare for total war. Either force the other to surrender or destroy enough of the other’s infrastructure and the fleet to force surrender.

For conquest 25 million habitable planets scattered across the galaxy with several billion inhospitable rocky worlds and another several billion gas giants. Starting resources for the Forerunner is *pulls random numbers out of thin air* is 400 inhabited planets with 280 having a population of 1 billion and 100 with a population of 5 billion and 20 with a pop of 20 billion with several thousand gas giants, and an industrial capacity equal to 1% that of the Ark. The Forerunner still have Offensive Bias and his 11,000 Dreadnoughts.

Ancients have *pulls random numbers out of thin air again* 300 uninhabited planets and 200 inhabited planets with a total population of 320 billion, and an industrial capacity a quarter of that of the Forerunners to start. 3500 warships to start.

What's the Ancients at their height?

It's quite vague. You could say that they were at their height before the plague, since the move to Pegasus was like an attempt at saving furniture with all the healthy ones. Yet, the problem is that before moving to Pegasus, they weren't at war with anyone. They started fighting the Wraith at around -8100 BC iirc.

Lets go with Pre-plague. Been awhile since I watched any SG episodes, but IIRC the Ancients still had most if not all the technology they had during the war with the Wraith already.

Its late here, si I’ll answer the rest tomorrow. If you think anything is too unbalance feel free to suggest something more balanced.

Actually I find this construction of a scenario more interesting than the debate itself for the moment. One of the major problems with such "empires" is that it's often forgotten how both factions have a great influence on many things about the Milky Way.

That's why the multiverse portal/wormhole thing is a very good solution. Or you can go with an equal spread, cutting the MW galaxy in half. Problem is, Earth often represents something important to each of those majestic civs, and you can't split Earth, and I find the idea of copying another Earth in the other part of the MW galaxy - like if we mirrored one side and erased the other to replace it with the mirror - not very convenient.

A perfect example of how people tend to overlook such issues is found in this thread:

http://www.asvs.us/topic/1920-unsc-vs-stargate-sg1-i-stealz-ur-fwread/