News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Evidnece Galaxy class starship is armed quantum torpedoes in DS9.

Durr, of course the Galaxies would get them dumbass. They are to replace the photon torpedoes.

aljhvglashdg lkjh,.mvn .khlkjr hroe ghkfjnvlk dsvhksh vfsv,smvn,c

in that vidoe I saw that one Galaxy class batteship fire two quatum torpodes however it very unlikley Galaxy class starship carries only two. Good guess hundrend however that only guess.

The real question is how many do they carry? 1? 3? 57? 250?

If the quantum torpedo is about the same dimensions as the photon torps then they should be able to carry the same amount. smile.gif

If the quantum torpedo is about the same dimensions as the photon torps then they should be able to carry the same amount. smile.gif
Not really we know they still carry both at least until the Nemesis timeperiod, So the question is how many of the torpedoes are Quantum and how many are just Banana Split Sundaes, and photon torpedoes.

Not really we know they still carry both at least until the Nemesis timeperiod, So the question is how many of the torpedoes are Quantum and how many are just Banana Split Sundaes, and photon torpedoes.

You are talking about the E-E, I am just saying that the Galaxy Class should be able to hold the same amount not that they do hold the same.

You are talking about the E-E, I am just saying that the Galaxy Class should be able to hold the same amount not that they do hold the same.

No we dont know that actual amount of quantum torpedoes issued as standard as the continue to use both. The maximum capacity is know, we just dont know the loadout mix between quantums, photons, and frozen yogurt sundaes

You are not understanding me. I am saying that if it is the same size then a GC could hold the same amount. Not that they do. Maybe there's not enough to go around so the amount for each GC would probably be dependent on their need.

Actually, it's possible (if unlikely) that they might be able to carry more even if they are the same size. If the QT is storable in an even slightly more efficient way, then that could result in differences.

The worst case would be if the QT and PT require different stowage systems, then you probably have a fixed mix of both that cannot be changed. Additional reloads could be carried in a palletized form, and surely would be on a warship, but without being in the magazine, they are of little use from a tactical perspective.