News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

PM Stephen Harper:Canadian ASVSers, what do y'all think of him?

Smart politician. Unfortunately the party he leads is primarily focused on representing the western provinces. They're pretty much a regional party like the Bloc but won't admit it.

During his terms we've been running deficits after years of Liberal party surpluses. Part of the reason for the deficits are the tax cuts he's implemented. Tax cuts are an easy way to gain votes from retards but he's had to cut some government services as a result. The cuts that gained the most media exposure if I recall were to arts, theaters, and other cultural programs the government helps fund. He also defunded environmental goverment watchdog groups for ideological reasons I assume.

Over the years we've also seen some deregulation, but no where near the level we've seen in the US.

Overall I'm glad he's been tied down in a minority government so he can't pass whatever legislation the party desires without the other parties agreeing to it.

My overall opinion of his leadership is slightly negative. However the party won't get my vote because they keep stuffing my fucking mailbox with party propaganda.

All parties suck, no matter who they are.

NDP are complete retards as they'll never form a government due to their complete arrogant attitude. They are the David Suzuki of the political world and I don't mean that in a good way. Strong in the east coast and B.C.

Bloc - who cares? Screw'em all. Strong in Quebec.

Liberals - they did some good in the past but messed it all up when they chose Jean Chretien. From him onwards the party delved deep into corruption and believed they were entitled to anything they could get their hands on. Strong in Ontario, a bit in the east and west.

Conservatives - Canada's version of the Republicans yet say that to the GOP and they'll call the Tories as Pink Commie Bastards. smile.gif Typical right wing party. Strong in the west coast.

NDP are complete retards as they'll never form a government due to their complete arrogant attitude. They are the David Suzuki of the political world and I don't mean that in a good way. Strong in the east coast and B.C.

Liberals - they did some good in the past but messed it all up when they chose Jean Chretien. From him onwards the party delved deep into corruption and believed they were entitled to anything they could get their hands on. Strong in Ontario, a bit in the east and west.

Conservatives - Canada's version of the Republicans yet say that to the GOP and they'll call the Tories as Pink Commie Bastards. smile.gif Typical right wing party. Strong in the west coast.

You call them right wing? *pfffft* These guys are right wing. Libertarian Party

You call them right wing? *pfffft* These guys are right wing. Libertarian Party

Every party listed here a far more left wing than the Democrats can ever be. But the Conservatives are Canada's version of a right wing party.

Every party listed here a far more left wing than the Democrats can ever be. But the Conservatives are Canada's version of a right wing party.

Yikes!

I'm a French Quebecker, and even I don't like the Bloc Québécois.

They're strong with the old people who are afraid of the "Big Bad Anti-Quebec Canadian Parties", and with people who just don't understand that the Bloc doesn't contribute to anything, since they can never lead the country.

Problem is, they are also strong because no other party has done much of anything right in the last years, Like you said, the Liberals are composed of the same bunch of corrupt politicians, the Conservatives are dictator wannabees, and the NPD seem to stem right out of the Hippy 70's, and have ultra-backwards ideas of what this country needs...

Who to vote for, I asks ya? huh.gif