News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Praeothmin

Movie Blade vs Movie Jedi...

Who would win in a fight...

Both opponents are fully aware of the other's capabilities.

So who wins between:

Blade vs Obi-Wan Kenobi (RotS);

1-HtH;

2-Swordplay (Blade has a Cortosis sword, so Lightsabre resistant);

3-Swordplay (Blade has his standard blade, so no Lightsabre resistence);

4-Gunplay (Blade has his normal guns, Jedi have blaster pistols);

Blade vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS);

1-HtH;

Blade vs Mace Windu (RotS);

1-HtH;

Blade vs Obi-Wan Kenobi (RotS);

1-HtH;

Blade wins this one, as he is faster, stronger and as durable as Obi-Wan.

Blade has the strangth to casually kick someone so powerfully that the 200 pounds person bends a steel girder upon impact, after flying about 6 feet in the air.

Obi-Wan had to concentrate to bend Grevious's breastplate open...

Blade has displayed advanced HtH capacities, taking on multiple high-end opponents who are as strong and fast as he is, while Obi-Wan had trouble taking on Jango Fett in a lees then stellar unarmed combat display...

Both are very resisitant to damage though, as Obi-Wan has demonstrated in his fight with Grevious, and Blade has demonstrated many times in his fights against the Blood God (La Magra), an advanced super Vampire killer (Nomak), and the big Kahuna himself, Dracula...

I give this to Blade 10/10, because all of Blade's physical capabilities are inherent and need no concentration to maintain.

This is a bit more tricky, as again all the physical advantages are Blade's, while Obi-Wan has the "One-Hit-One-Kill" sword...

But, since Blade's sword can block Obi-Wan's Lightsabre, and again Blade has demonstrated exceptional hand and foot speed in his fights while also showing he is nearly impossible to hit, I give this to Blade 7/10.

This ones is Blade's toughest contest, since now his sword cannot block Obi-Wan's Lightsabre.

Blade has demonstrated he is very adept at evading, but at the same time, he cannot risk going toe-to-toe against Obi-Wan, master of defensive swordplay.

Since Obi-Wan has the definite sword advantage here, even though Blade still has the physical ones, I give it to Obi-Wan 8/10.

This one goes to Blade.

Blade has shown unherring accuracy many times over, such as shooting a guy in the head while facing the other direction and shooting with his hands extended behind his back, shooting many opponents in the head while being shot at, etc...

Obi-Wan is used to Lightsabres a lot more then Blasters, but his guns are, again, the "OneShot-One-Kill" kind, even versus Blade's body armor, so I give it to Blade 7/10.

Blade vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS);

1-HtH;

Anakin's fight against Obi-Wan in RotS tells me they are both equal in terms of endurance and skill, while we haven't really seen anything special in terms of strenght from Anakin, so the analysis is tha same as in the Blade vs Obi-Wan one, except with even more of an advantage to Blade in strenght.

Blade 10/10.

Again, almost the same as with Obi-Wan, except Anakin's greater agressivity will yield more openings for Blade, so Blade 8/10.

Anakin's aggressivity here will serve him, instead of Blade, since his sword cannot be blocked, and an aggressive person will have more chances of getting a hit in, so Anakin 9/10.

Same reasoning as vs Obi-Wan, so Blade 7/10.

Blade vs Mace Windu (RotS);

1-HtH;

Blade 10/10, for reasons above.

Ok, this is the problem right here.

I know Windu's supposed to be good, in fact he's supposed to be the best, but from the fight I've seen in RotS, he wasn't that good.

Palpatine would have been beaten by Obi-Wan or Anakin, judging by their fight on Mustafar, as both have been seen using advanced maneuvers far more easily then the basic maneuvers Windu or Palpatine used in their fights.

But, on the other hand, he demonstrated far better things in TCW.

So, I give it to Blade 7/10 times...

Again, due to the fight seen in RotS and TCW, I give this one to Mace Windu 7/10, because while any hit will indeed risk killing him, he can easily evade most of Windu's attacks while setting himself up for a killing blow.

Same reasoning as with Anakin or Obi-Wan, so Blade 7/10.

Well, I tried to post, but the board won't let me. Not sure why. Cannot see the error message. Fuck it.

Also, quote tags do not seem to be working for me. It just show the code for it. WTF is going on?

Do what I do ('cause I've had that problem before):

For long answers that you don't want to lose, copy and paste the test you're answering to in a Doc, and save it on your HD.

Once the response is completed, click on the "Add Reply" button and simply paste your text in there...

On step ahead of you. I'll post it later.

In short. I disagree.

In short. I disagree.

In short, I'm not surprised... biggrin.gif

In short. I disagree.

So, when are we getting your Jedi wank... I mean, your analysis? harhar.gif

You're not. It still won't take my post. I am not rewriting it. It took a mother fucking HOUR.

Basically, I didn't see where you figured in Force Powers such as TK and Precog or Empathy. These would have an effect of the battle. Plus there is the crazy agility like jumping 40 feet. Blade is more power based, Jedi are more agile.

Also, another advantage to a lightsaber, if you are able to use it, is that you don't really have to worry about angles of attack like you would with a normal sword. Any hit from any angle of the blade is a kill. There is no flat or back of the blade. It isn't heavy, which means it is less taxing to use than Blade's sword. Also, all of his advantages here are physical. I mean, sure, that matters, but it isn't enough to be a be all end all in this kind of match-up. Skill with a blade will be significant. Obi-wan is incredibly skilled, especially in defense, which would be ideal for fighting Blade. Anakin's powerful style gets him crushed against Blade, because of the difference in strength. Well, more than Obi-wan.

It basically went:

blade for hth, though not as handily. I figured in huge telekinetic blasts and Anakin going emo-rage and force-choking him.

Jedi for sword play, with Obi-wan getting the most kills. Almost all of them. Ankain getting the least. Push fro Windu because we haven't seen enough of him in the movies.

shoot-out was equal, or just a little in Jedi favor. Simply because of being able to sense where he is(he won't sneak up on them) add in tiny precog, and incredible dodging ability and it would be pretty fun to watch. I would love to watch Anakin vs. Blade in a shootout. That would be a mother fucking long scene.

Basically, not as curbstompy as you made it.

You're not. It still won't take my post. I am not rewriting it. It took a mother fucking HOUR.

And you didn't save it in a Doc like I told you?

It would have just been a matter of copy and paste as long as it takes for the post to be accepted...

Basically, I didn't see where you figured in Force Powers such as TK and Precog or Empathy. These would have an effect of the battle. Plus there is the crazy agility like jumping 40 feet. Blade is more power based, Jedi are more agile.

Ever noticed how none of these abilities are instantaneous, or have resulted in insta-wins for Jedi vs non-Force users like Jango Fett and Grievious?

Precog has always been overrated by Jedi fans, to the point wehere the most ludicrous match-ups would end up with "Force Precog for da WINZZZZZZZ!" huh.gif

Precog didn't help the Jedi master killed by Jango in AotC, nor Obi-Wan vs the same Jango's wrist grappler, nor Luke vs Boba's wrist grappler.

Force Push (or TK) didn't help Obi-Wan vs Jango, again, or against Grevious, nor did it help the Jedi Master killed by Jango, and even Mace Windu didn't use it.

This ability has been shown to take a second to use, more then enough time for a fast opponent to drive home the killing strike.

None of these abilities are instantaneous, nor were they used against opponents with "normal" reflexes and speed, which Blade isn't...

And as for agility, I would remind you of the 3 to 4 story drop Blade made without problems, the 50-60 feet jump Blade made from the Hospital's 3rd floor to the roof of an adjacent building, and all the jumping around in Blade II, first against the two vampires attacking him at his base, and against Nomak at the end...

Also, another advantage to a lightsaber, if you are able to use it, is that you don't really have to worry about angles of attack like you would with a normal sword. Any hit from any angle of the blade is a kill. There is no flat or back of the blade. It isn't heavy, which means it is less taxing to use than Blade's sword. Also, all of his advantages here are physical. I mean, sure, that matters, but it isn't enough to be a be all end all in this kind of match-up. Skill with a blade will be significant. Obi-wan is incredibly skilled, especially in defense, which would be ideal for fighting Blade. Anakin's powerful style gets him crushed against Blade, because of the difference in strength. Well, more than Obi-wan.

I considered it, this is why I didn't give it to Blade 10/10 in most fights where his sword stands up to a Lightsabre.

And Blade's sword, considereing his strength, will certainly not be taxing for him...

As far as skill is concerned, I've yet to see a Jedi equal Blade's in their fights...

While Obi-Wan is incredibly skilled in defense, Blade is as skilled as him, and even more in offense, so my ratio stands...

It basically went:

blade for hth, though not as handily. I figured in huge telekinetic blasts and Anakin going emo-rage and force-choking him.

Again, never used when useful vs non-Force users...

Jedi for sword play, with Obi-wan getting the most kills. Almost all of them. Ankain getting the least. Push fro Windu because we haven't seen enough of him in the movies.

Nothing better then Blade as seen in the movies...

shoot-out was equal, or just a little in Jedi favor. Simply because of being able to sense where he is(he won't sneak up on them) add in tiny precog, and incredible dodging ability and it would be pretty fun to watch. I would love to watch Anakin vs. Blade in a shootout. That would be a mother fucking long scene.

Again, Precog is overrated...

Basically, not as curbstompy as you made it.

Still the curbstomp... harhar.gif

And you didn't save it in a Doc like I told you?

It would have just been a matter of copy and paste as long as it takes for the post to be accepted...

Ever noticed how none of these abilities are instantaneous, or have resulted in insta-wins for Jedi vs non-Force users like Jango Fett and Grievious?

Precog has always been overrated by Jedi fans, to the point wehere the most ludicrous match-ups would end up with "Force Precog for da WINZZZZZZZ!" huh.gif

Precog didn't help the Jedi master killed by Jango in AotC, nor Obi-Wan vs the same Jango's wrist grappler, nor Luke vs Boba's wrist grappler.

Force Push (or TK) didn't help Obi-Wan vs Jango, again, or against Grevious, nor did it help the Jedi Master killed by Jango, and even Mace Windu didn't use it.

This ability has been shown to take a second to use, more then enough time for a fast opponent to drive home the killing strike.

None of these abilities are instantaneous, nor were they used against opponents with "normal" reflexes and speed, which Blade isn't...

And as for agility, I would remind you of the 3 to 4 story drop Blade made without problems, the 50-60 feet jump Blade made from the Hospital's 3rd floor to the roof of an adjacent building, and all the jumping around in Blade II, first against the two vampires attacking him at his base, and against Nomak at the end...

I considered it, this is why I didn't give it to Blade 10/10 in most fights where his sword stands up to a Lightsabre.

And Blade's sword, considereing his strength, will certainly not be taxing for him...

As far as skill is concerned, I've yet to see a Jedi equal Blade's in their fights...

While Obi-Wan is incredibly skilled in defense, Blade is as skilled as him, and even more in offense, so my ratio stands...

Again, never used when useful vs non-Force users...

Nothing better then Blade as seen in the movies...

Again, Precog is overrated...

Still the curbstomp... harhar.gif

Yes, praeothmin, I did. It just won't accept the post.

Precog worked for Yoda when the clones were gonna kill him. Ki-Adi Mundi turned around, face stricken with grief before being shot and killed. He saw it, but there was nothing he could do. He was outnumbered. What about Anakin's piloting of the pod-racer. It was said that human reflexes weren't fast enough for it, yet anakin could do it at ten. It is implied that this is do to precog. Also, I'm not saying this is an inta-win because of precog. It just aids defensive capabilities. If you know where a strike will come a half second before someone throws it, you can begin to block before they strike. It helps a little, but only a little. Grievous was a droid, so he had no intentions to give his attacks away. Besides, Obi-wan won that fight. Against a stronger and faster opponent. One who was impervious to pain, because of all the droid armor. Who had much greater endurance. It isn't impossible to score a hit against a Jedi. And I didn't have the tallies as curbstomps for the Jedi. Just a lot closer. To be fair, this is a bit of a stacked fight, since Blade is basically a super hero, and the Jedi, physically, aren't much above baseline human, and live in a world where physics make SLIGHTLY more sense.

You didn't address the attack angles argument. It is a huge factor.

Yes, praeothmin, I did. It just won't accept the post.

Hhhmm, the site decided it hates Jedi or what? wink.gif

Precog worked for Yoda when the clones were gonna kill him. Ki-Adi Mundi turned around, face stricken with grief before being shot and killed. He saw it, but there was nothing he could do. He was outnumbered. What about Anakin's piloting of the pod-racer. It was said that human reflexes weren't fast enough for it, yet anakin could do it at ten. It is implied that this is do to precog. Also, I'm not saying this is an inta-win because of precog. It just aids defensive capabilities. If you know where a strike will come a half second before someone throws it, you can begin to block before they strike. It helps a little, but only a little.

Yup, sometimes it works, and then other times it doesn't.

Yoda's arguably the most powerful Jedi there is, so his precog abilities will certainly be far greater then the others.

Ki-Adi-Mundi turned around because he noticed his clones weren't following him in the attack against the droids.

, at the 0:45 mark, where he charges in battle, tells his squad to follow, then he turns when he no longer notices them advanceing or firing at the droids...

Except for Yoda, most precog examples seem to stem from when Jedi can actually see what they're facing.

Anakin was looking in front of him at the race, seeing what was coming, yet still wasn't able to evade Sebulba's attempts to ram him...

Obi-Wan wasn't able to stop Jango from entangling his arms in their fight, or Luke Boba later on, which is why I said it works, but is no insta-win...

Grievous was a droid, so he had no intentions to give his attacks away.

Besides, Obi-wan won that fight. Against a stronger and faster opponent. One who was impervious to pain, because of all the droid armor. Who had much greater endurance.

Yes, because Grevious wasn't an exceptional fighter, he just had 4 arms which he did not use intelligently.

Obi-Wan took 2 of his hands because all he was doing was twirling his sabers in front of him.

Obi-Wan took his time, because Grevious gave him plenty, and analyzed the "pattern" of attack, found the weakness and exploited it...

And do you forget he only won the fight because, after he'd been beaten by Grevious, he was able to use a blaster that was close by to shoot at the gap he made in Grevious's armor, while Grevious was too stupid to throw the Magnaguards Energy stick at Obi-Wan or duck.

He did not win the saber fight, and was losing the HtH fight as well...

Look at the fight for yourself.

Grevious has four arms, but only attacks with two sabers at a time, and almost always from the same side, with no imagination or technique...

It isn't impossible to score a hit against a Jedi. And I didn't have the tallies as curbstomps for the Jedi. Just a lot closer. To be fair, this is a bit of a stacked fight, since Blade is basically a super hero, and the Jedi, physically, aren't much above baseline human, and live in a world where physics make SLIGHTLY more sense.

What?huh.gif:huh:

Physics less sense in SW then in Blade.

The Blade movies use real-life physics, except when we see the super-human Vampires at "work".

The rest of the time, everything is exactly as in our real-world...

And the fight isn't as stacked as you seem to think.

The Jedi have this magical "pawnzz everything" sword, yes I did not cry because of it, or take it out of the equation.

And if the fight had been between a Jedi and Worf, you would not even have batted an eyelash, and the stacked nature of the fight would not have bothered you, now would it? tongue.gif

You didn't address the attack angles argument. It is a huge factor.

You'll notice in my analysis that I mentioned the fact that any hit from a Lightsabre can be fatal, and that all my analyses when Blade's sword cannot resist a Lightsabre are stacked in favor of the Jedi...

Perhaps if we were to pit Blade against Darth Maul, or Darth Tyranus, it would be a different matter...