News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Chimera

ISD curbstomps the Enterprise

I was saying from 30,000km was suidice for USS Enterpise not 40,000.
If heat will not do it what else could USS Enterpise D destory it.

So I wrote a multi-page rebuttal, and you ignore it to try and correct your own typo?

Can I take that as a concession on all other points raised in my rebuttal?

If heat will not do it what else could USS Enterpise D destory it.

Direct Energy Transfer (DET), Kinetic Energy Transfer (KET), Nuclear Destructive Force (NDF) (Otherwise known as phaser-magic), plasma impact?

Just curious, how old are you? Have you taken any physics?

I was saying from 30,000km was suidice for USS Enterpise not 40,000. If heat will not do it what else could USS Enterpise D destory it.

I have issues with this. Where does the dialogue say that it would have been suicide at 30,000? We don't know at what distance the Enterprise would have been destroyed, it is never mentioned. We just know that it was safe at 40,000. Riker could have picked a distance just outside the danger zone, or one far outside of it, just to be safe. Stop picking random numbers. The yield is never going to be accurate that way.

Also, as Jason L. pointed out, heat isn't relevant, in this instance, and your baseline numbers from the nuclear bomb aren't accurate because this is a different kind of weapon. Just fucking give up.

USS Entprise D sheilds were damage as it was so Commander Riker was choese a distance the USS Entprise D shield could withstand.

Also, as Jason L. pointed out, heat isn't relevant, in this instance, and your baseline numbers from the nuclear bomb aren't accurate because this is a different kind of weapon. Just fucking give up.

I'm going to interpret his latest post as a concession, as he hasn't answered any of the issues I've brought up other than his (changing) number.

I have not take any phyical.

Obviously.

Having not taken any physics, what makes you think you have any ability to argue in a physics based vs. thread?

Is this a concession?

Obviously.

Having not taken any physics, what makes you think you have any ability to argue in a physics based vs. thread?

I alway was hard hiter in try find answer.If someone said it can not be done try do no matter what odds.

By be words Commander Riker . anticipated, the

blast burned out the main

navigational deflector... we also have damage to shields and the reactor core.

Obviously.

Having not taken any physics' date=' what makes you think you have any ability to argue in a physics based vs. thread?

I alway was hard hiter in try find answer.If someone said it can not be done try do no matter what odds.[/quote']

Yeah, and on some things that's good advice, but you're just going to get beaten on here with that attitude towards the physics based issues. I'd stick to literary criticism until you get a better grasp of physics. Physics isn't that hard as long as you can do the math.

By be words Commander Riker . anticipated, the

blast burned out the main

navigational deflector... we also have damage to shields and the reactor core.

So the blast overloaded the main deflector, and fed back in to to related systems? How does this in any way imply that the energy hitting the borg cube did that damage?

Sounds to me like they fused some circuit breakers.

Seriously, how old are you? You don't seem to be thinking through any of your positions logically. You just presented evidence that refutes one of your original premises, i.e. that the Enterprise deflector could channel that much energy. Obviously it couldn't.

Yeah, and on some things that's good advice, but you're just going to get beaten on here with that attitude towards the physics based issues. I'd stick to literary criticism until you get a better grasp of physics. Physics isn't that hard as long as you can do the math.

So the blast overloaded the main deflector, and fed back in to to related systems? How does this in any way imply that the energy hitting the borg cube did that damage?

Sounds to me like they fused some circuit breakers.

Seriously, how old are you? You don't seem to be thinking through any of your positions logically. You just presented evidence that refutes one of your original premises, i.e. that the Enterprise deflector could channel that much energy. Obviously it couldn't.

I am 25 years of age however I am disable

The were shield damage on USS Entprise D.

Right, and since the navigational deflector is most likely a related system to the shields, and we know that they are both related to the main reactor, the damage could have fed back from the deflector system, through the reactor, and to the shield system. One place we know Federation technology is deficient is in circuit breakers.

Right, and since the navigational deflector is most likely a related system to the shields, and we know that they are both related to the main reactor, the damage could have fed back from the deflector system, through the reactor, and to the shield system. One place we know Federation technology is deficient is in circuit breakers.

I could buy aruement if was not for the fact USS Enterpise D SAUCER SECTION has to have own shields. Forward shields down 58 percent does.

I could buy aruement if was not for the fact USS Enterpise D SAUCER SECTION has to have own shields. Forward shields down 58 percent does.

Okay, I need you to be a bit more clear on what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that the damaging of the shields was due to splash damage from firing the amped up phaser blast? IIRC the shields were only at 58% because of the initial encounter with the Borg, in that episode, when the Borg completely shut down the shields. Giordi was just getting them back up, IIRC.

I was saying damage from blast of main defector dish. That causes the forward shield to get down to 58%. That what I am thinking happen with the information I have.

Okay, I need you to be a bit more clear on what you are trying to say. Are you trying to say that the damaging of the shields was due to splash damage from firing the amped up phaser blast? IIRC the shields were only at 58% because of the initial encounter with the Borg, in that episode, when the Borg completely shut down the shields. Giordi was just getting them back up, IIRC.

I am trying to say that the damaging of the shields was due to splash damage from firing the amped up Main defector dish blast

I could think another way Galaxy class starship could turn a ISD to ruins just use a few tricobalt devices

I could think another way Galaxy class starship could turn a ISD to ruins just use a few tricobalt devices

I think your mind has been turn into ruins a long time ago. smile.gif