News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

ENT: Desert Crossing

This episode premeired May 8, 2002. I remember when I first watched it, I was offended beyond words. Some of you (Questor, RayCav, Ali, Paul) may have remembered my rants in ASVS on the episode after it's airing. I'lltry to dig up the threads in google later when I'm not on my iPhone. I remember being absolutely furious that 8 months after 9/11 they would air an episode which (In my opinion at the time) seemed to excuse terrorism, and engage in truly perverse moral reletivism. Now, it's true that I haven't seen it in 8 years, but I honestly wonder if the episode really was that innapropriate, or if I was just still so shaken by 9/11, that I was just overly sensitive. Anyone else have the same reaction as I did?

This episode premeired May 8, 2002. I remember when I first watched it, I was offended beyond words. Some of you (Questor, RayCav, Ali, Paul) may have remembered my rants in ASVS on the episode after it's airing. I'lltry to dig up the threads in google later when I'm not on my iPhone. I remember being absolutely furious that 8 months after 9/11 they would air an episode which (In my opinion at the time) seemed to excuse terrorism, and engage in truly perverse moral reletivism. Now, it's true that I haven't seen it in 8 years, but I honestly wonder if the episode really was that innapropriate, or if I was just still so shaken by 9/11, that I was just overly sensitive. Anyone else have the same reaction as I did?

That was after I had gotten disgusted with Enterprise, but it would not surprise me at all that such an episode would be aired. I have never actually finished ENT season one, so I'll take a look at it. Then again, I'm at least half convinced that the Enterprise writers were trying to make Archer look as stupid, out of his depth, inexperienced, and assholeish as they could in the first two seasons.

EDIT: Story By Rick Berman & Brannon Braga & André Bormanis

'nuff said.

Definently watch it and tell me what you think. And maybe try to look at it through the lens on how you were feeling shortly after 9/11. I just really remmeber being aghast at the unmitigated gall. I'm sure these episodes were written and possibly filmed before 9/11, but still the timing was really unfortunate.

Posrep for that. Honestly, it was a terrible episode, and the timing was the worst part of it.