News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Legendm

Your schedule for the year (my rant included).

Assuming any of you are in college or in my case high school (its my last year so don't judge me) or in any education type situation, what is your schedule for the year?

I just picked schedule (and some heavy books) from my school (which officially starts up again on Monday), and I am F-ed in the A.

For some reason I decided to take 5 college level classes so I have to be at school at 7:30 in the morning (after not having to go until 9:30 last year, it made me really lazy) and start my day off with

Government/Economics

Statistics

Physics

English Literature and Composition

Computer Science

Pre-Calculus

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the literature teacher gave us a summer assignment that I'm still doing, but according to my schedule, I have a different teacher from the teacher that gave out the assignment and from the people I've talked to that signed up for the class, I'm the only one that doesn't have her. So do I do the assignment? Are the assignments due on the same days the original teacher gave me? I mean one of them is due on the second day of school, but then another isn't due until mid September, I mean does the teacher I have now follow those same dates. Does the teacher I have even know about the assignments? I'll do the assignments, but I'm going to be pissed if it was all for nothing. I mean, its not that much work, but its my fucking summer man.

Fuck, my summer is over.

Geography 111

Math 102 (easiest math class available. Comm. major)

English 107

Com 214

Geography lab

Com 202

Com 204

17 credit hours this semester. Not sure how they arsed me into that.

Oh and instead of study hall (which my school calls Research for some reason) I have to watch and mentor freshman in their "research". I get around 80 hours of community service for it by the end of the year. And seeings how their "research" is an hour and mine would have been in my for 30 minutes (if I had a regular one), I still get to leave when my lunch starts so I only have to do 30 minutes Mon. - Thurs.

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Oh and instead of study hall (which my school calls Research for some reason) I have to watch and mentor freshman in their "research". I get around 80 hours of community service for it by the end of the year. And seeings how their "research" is an hour and mine would have been in my for 30 minutes (if I had a regular one), I still get to leave when my lunch starts so I only have to do 30 minutes Mon. - Thurs.</div></div>

Wouldn't you just study anyway? Shouldn't have to pay that much attention to them....

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'><p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>Oh and instead of study hall (which my school calls Research for some reason) I have to watch and mentor freshman in their "research". I get around 80 hours of community service for it by the end of the year. And seeings how their "research" is an hour and mine would have been in my for 30 minutes (if I had a regular one), I still get to leave when my lunch starts so I only have to do 30 minutes Mon. - Thurs.</div></div>

Wouldn't you just study anyway? Shouldn't have to pay that much attention to them....</div></div>From what I'm told, the freshmen are a bit of a handful. I still don't know why we have to baby the shit out of them. I mean, I'll find time to study, but most of that time wouldn't  go to me studying. We're given activities to do with them, the sad thing is we don't want to do them and neither do they. I think I was suppose to go to a meeting about it today (oh well).

I remember back when I was a freshman, we didn't want to do our homework (at least at that time), they didn't feel the need to encourage us, we just played cards. Good times. The teacher quit some time in the first two weeks of school and it took an entire semester to find a replacement so they gave substitutes. Once we got the teacher, he was more strict, but still a nice guy, so the compromise was that we only played cards on Fridays. Where did the time go, that was three years ago and I can remember it like it was yesterday.

I don't really remember being a freshman. It's been like six years. I've heard that I was one hyper mother fucker. I don't really remember it. I definitely didn't want to do homework.

What kind of activities?

<p class='citation'>Quote</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>I don't really remember being a freshman. It's been like six years. I've heard that I was one hyper mother fucker. I don't really remember it. I definitely didn't want to do homework.

What kind of activities?</div></div>I'm not sure, it was pretty lax back when I was a freshman, but I think they added more stuff in the past two years. I heard something about kickball games last year during "research", I can only assume that was freshmen related and some stupid survey questions every once in a while. And then of course getting them to do their homework and helping them with. I wish I actually got a teacher I knew for "research", that sure as hell would have helped. I'm trying to think back to all the complaining my friends did when they had it last year, its kind of muddled.

I know it is rare to hear a versus debater say this, but:

<span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>

<span style='font-size: px;'>I HATE MATH</span>[/i][/b]</span>

Well the teacher just emailed me back, and she did know about the assignment, so I still have to do it. I'm going to be very busy this weekend.

Geography 111

Math 102 (easiest math class available. Comm. major)

English 107

Com 214

Geography lab

Com 202

Com 204

17 credit hours this semester. Not sure how they arsed me into that.

Geography 111 A

Math 102 C

English 107 B

Com 214 A

Com 202 B

Com 204 B

Not bad, considering how much I slacked off. I didn't turn in 5 of my comm 202 assignments, missed more than half of my classes in English 107, didn't read anything for any of my classes all year, and never turned in a math homework assignment.

I know I might get the "idiot" backlash for this, but I feel that doing so well in college, while doing so little, is a bit of an accomplishment. I'm just glad that my Math requirement is now filled.