News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Elagabalus

Salutations (New members introduce yourselves here.)

hi this is my first post

Welcome, Classic_Forever. I moved your post from Cow's disgusting Hot Dog thread to a more appropriate area.

Welcome, Classic_Forever. I moved your post from Cow's disgusting Hot Dog thread to a more appropriate area.

Boo! Hiss! Censorship! Fascism! etc! etc!

Hey, Jason. It's been a long time. Welcome.

Yeah, I had some real life issues that kept me from participating in anything online for a while, but I eventually came back to SDNet and ASVS. I saw ASVS was pretty dead, and came here when I saw your announcement.

Looks good, although I wonder if you can really capture the charm of the old STGODS without branching threads.

It used to really suck when Free Agent would eat the start post, then they'd all show up all over the place.

Yeah, I had some real life issues that kept me from participating in anything online for a while, but I eventually came back to SDNet and ASVS. I saw ASVS was pretty dead, and came here when I saw your announcement.

Looks good, although I wonder if you can really capture the charm of the old STGODS without branching threads.

It used to really suck when Free Agent would eat the start post, then they'd all show up all over the place.

Well, I'm glad you were able to rejoin us. Since Usenet is rapidly drying up, I felt it would be a good idea to preserve our culture by moving it to the web. As far as the STGOD goes, I think there's a way for me to make it threaded. I'll look into it. Get with Raycav, though. He's anxious to get the game started again.

Hi I'm new here. I just want to say to my new friends that I almost didn't notice this thread and I missed it you guys need to have it in a more visible place smile.gif

Anyway I just found this site on a Google search and I'm a big Star Trek fan as you can tell especially TOS smile.gif So I hope I will have lots of fun here and talking about which is more powerful Star Trek or Star Wars will seem like a lot of fun too, I don't know what most people think here but you can guess what I think is more powerful smile.gif

So he's one of yours then? tongue.gif

I only have one. And it's what I use for testing purposes. It's called "Testing Sock Puppet".

Yo, wazzup, how's the shit, and all that jazz. I'm just here for the booze and hookers.

*ahem*

About the only thing that I'd be interested in are the STGODs. SDN just hasn't been able to really capture them, and there are too many roleplayers from Spacebattles and other long-time forums that just never "got" the Usenet-style free-for-all that was the ASVS STGOD. Too much structure, too much rulemongering before the games even began -- and then every game just wound up turning into a big argument over the rules. Screw that.

I'm still working on my nine-year-old fanfic... and wouldn't mind posting it here if there's interest in it.

Finally, don't try to get me involved in the versus debates, I've kind of had it with the shit that goes on. As far as I'm concerned, it's over and done with -- Trek won't be going anywhere for a while and neither will Wars, so the two universes are pretty much static now. Wars is at one level, Trek is at another -- and aside from a few random one-shot superweapons, there's a pretty significant difference in firepower between the two. You know what? I kind of like it that way. There are only a few areas that haven't been debated to death already, which I might casually participate in, but other than that, not very interested. I might post essays from time to time in the pure Star Wars or Star Trek sections, but that's all.

welcome.gif It's great to see you again. The booze and hookers are in the Speakeasy. I was hoping you would show up. Raycav will be happy to hear about your interest in reviving the TGOD. I understand what you mean about the vs debate. A lot of the old guard have outgrown them. We have a lot more going here than just vs. We have some good OT sections, and of course the Trek only and Wars only sections. I would love to read the fanfic you've been working on. Post it in the fanfic section when you're ready. The Baron was supposed to post some too, but he's been kinda MIA lately. If you have any suggestions or problems with the site, let me know.

Hi. I have been lurking here for a while. I found this place from the thread Tyralak posted on Starfleet Jedi and I just decided to register.

Like what Crayz9000 said I'm sick and tired of debating vs. stuff. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure why I bothered registering here other than it seems like everyone's doing it.

Hi. I have been lurking here for a while. I found this place from the thread Tyralak posted on Starfleet Jedi and I just decided to register.

Like what Crayz9000 said I'm sick and tired of debating vs. stuff. To tell you the truth I'm not even sure why I bothered registering here other than it seems like everyone's doing it.

Well other than being a Japanophile, judging by your username. I'm sure you have other interests you can post about on the forum.

welcome.gif It's good to see you finally register. I hope you enjoy our little sandbox. laugh.gif

Hello all. Please allow myself to introduce,,, myself. I can be summed up by my links.

My site

My art

My books

I look forward to spending time here.

I'll say this on behalf of the staff -

We're sorry for anything raycav does. ^^