News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Afishymeadow

Official Star Trek XII Discussion Thread

:spock:

Some Trekanados should FORGET about the science &/or technicalities of the nu1701 becoming a submarine for a mission on some far flung Alpha or Beta Quadrant world. Due to TREKnicalities it can do it! Anyway, Trekanados, & aficionados in general, should like & appreaciate the visual & artistic beauty of that scene in STxII.

:Akira:

Based on the scene of Spock and Kirk swimming back to the Enterprise, I suspect the scalings that put the big E as an even bigger E (bigger than the Sovereign) will not hold water. (rim shot)

Maybe that whole water thing/scene's NOT REAL? Maybe it's a simulation like the Kobayashi Maru? When folks first saw STII back in 82 they thought the KM scene was FOR REAL until TJ Hooker stepped out from behind the curtain eating an apple.

:mystery:

What if Star Trek xII turns out to be a LONG windbagged debate on the UFP Congress's floor about passing the UFP Amendment ALLOWING Vulcans to OFFICIALLY serve in Starfleet?

I looked into a couple of spoiler, mainly to see who Harrison really was. If what I'm reading is true, I'm kind of disappointed. However, I'm still very excited about the movie.

With what else those spoilers say, if it's all true I might be sadly sadly disappointed. I'll obviously see it for my own eyes but yeah I'll loose hope in them pretty fast.

True or false, eff the spoilers in the neck! All that matters is what we think of STiD when we see it in the theater in less than a month.

:huh:

It seems as if Australia's Weaping Fan Boyz are the ONLY source of the spoilers, so hopefully perhaps all that stuff about nuSherlock ISN'T true.

I HOPE if the spoilers are "true" about John Harrison, they're "true" this way:

dr_noonien_soong.jpg

^ That JH's him! That sucks for

Brent Spiner

:(

^ Or maybe, be better to be that character's father? :mystery: Second thing spoiler coded for good reason, as it could give a certain something away.

Just a reminder. Since it looks like we in the US are going to be the last ones to see the movie, and a lot of you live in other countries and will get it first, please keep spoilers to a minimum. Or at the very least, use spoiler tags.

I saw an episode of Sherlock Holmes 2.0 & it wasn't half bad. nuSherlock's played by John Harrison. It'd be B) if they worked in some kind of Sherlock reference.

STVI:TUC already made that easier. Spock's descended from either Holmes or Arthur Conan Doyle. And maybe Robin from BATMAN too. Remember Spock's line of implied descendency from Holmes or Doyle in STVI?