News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Mirror Universe feature film?

I posted this musing on Facebook earlier today, and given the response, I figured I would start a thread about it. From my FB post:

[h=5]Since Star Trek XI and apparently at least the next two films will be set in the alternate timeline, a thought occurred to me. How great would it be to have an entire film set in the Mirror Universe? We had a two part episode set entirely in the Mirror Universe in season 4 of Enterprise. It was particularly well done, and really explored the mindset of the Terran Empire. I'm not sure if an entire TV series in the Mirror Universe would be successful, since I doubt most people could identify with the characters for any length of time. However, a feature film might be doable.[/h]

Personally, I think it would be a cool idea. Maybe a movie showing the resurgence of the Terran Empire from the ashes? Possibly a trilogy? Could people accept a movie where the main characters are all complete and total assholes?

It real depend it is done more issue anything else it could best of all Star Terk leave Wrath Khan in the dust or it could worst movie made. Star Terk first contact could been best Star Trek movie ever for all reason should been but was not. If they instead start out Guinan homeworld being destroy Borg show people fleet destory quick out effect in first rathering show unless talk then hear Guinan question if UFP realistic stop Borg now sending fleet ships. Then show Pircard using knowledge Borg single handle slow prevent fleet one ship time travel better part move show Borg terror then showing Borg when Pircard notice it cut out much fighting ship even maybe space combat part even though cool. So I agree it could great Star Terk movie it also terrible Star Trek who could believe could do bad Borg.

Translation:

It really depends on how it is done, more than anything else. I think it could be the best Star Trek movie of all time, save for the Wrath of Khan. It would leave the rest of them in the dust; or it could be the worst movie of the bunch. The content of First Contact was such that it could have been the best one, but the execution was poor. If they instead started out by showing the destruction of Guinan's home world at the hands of the Borg, then cut to the Borg destroying the Federation's fleet, while Guinan questions whether or not they could be defeated, then showed Picard using his knowledge of the Borg to slow the borg down enough with a single ship to prevent the destruction of the fleet. I agree it could be a great movie, but I am worried about their execution of the idea.

Edited by Airlocke
just helping out.....

:spock:

An MU feature film would also allow Leonard Nimoy to reprise his role as Miror Spock again. He'd be on the humans and Vulcans side, but maybe he'd be like a good version of Christopher Lee's character from those JRR Tolkien movies. Not really version so much as analogue.

:spock: