News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
scvn2812

Improving performance on low power devices

This board seems to lag just a bit on PC and gets pretty standoffish with both the stock Android browser (as of 2.3) and Opera mini. Any recommendations for settings in preferences to check or uncheck to speed up performance on mobile devices?

We just switched from IPB to Vbulliten. I'll check with my tech admin, Paul and see what can be done. I could add a mobile style, that might help.

Hey there :) Sorry for the delay in response, been a bit busy over at my location hehe.

A mobile style should be done by the end of today, and it should pick up instantly if you're using an Android or other type of smart phone. As for lag on the PC I'd like to know a little bit more. For example is it every page on the site, or just reading a thread etc?

This way I can narrow down what would be causing lag on a PC :)

so basically the mobile style is done and it should automatically detect your phones. however i allowed for user overriding so you may still see the default skin in a few places till you switch it on that page.

(This was posted with my phone go me!)

Kudos on the mobile version, I'll be sure to try it out. My preferred browser is Opera because I'm on a limited data plan (and it tends to load sites so much faster) yet it throws a fit when I try to use the default skin menus or reply.

PC lag is minimal, it just seems like this forum takes longer to load than other boards but not such that it gives me flashbacks of the bad old days of dial up.