News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Stargate Universe

Well, I finally got around to watching the first two episodes of this show. I do actually like it. Definitely willing to give it a chance. Let's just get this out of the way right now. I'm going to make the obvious Voyager comparison. However, I have a feeling it will rid itself of that comparison soon enough. I'm going to avoid spoilers here. I liked the acting, and the story line. The Ancient ship that they find themselves on seemed different than most of the Ancient ships that we've seen thus far. Oh, and Chloe is hot. grin.gif

48169902.jpg

meh i think it set itself apart from voyager right from the getgo. Considering they got a means to contact earth. I'm waiting for the gay situation *whistles*

Oh, and Chloe is hot. grin.gif

48169902.jpg

Tyralak shows himself to be a man of discerning taste.

I think Universe is starting out on a high note. There was more character development in that one episode (albeit a three parter) than in any season I can think of. I think that this show is going in a more character-oriented direction than other Stargate shows have previously.

I will be interested to see if the network allows them to keep up the emphasis on character development over action in subsequent episodes.

I loved the whole "Chemistry saves the day" thing, too. I hope their problems continue to be solved in such ways.

From the spoilers i've read they do work on keeping the character development going, as they are trying to keep it at a somewhat pace of battlestar on that note (drama + scifi). Personally, I think chemistry saving the day like you said was a great change in things as we're all used to mostly guns and such dealing with it hehe but I do hope that they change it up every now and then to keep it fresh. (Chemistry saving the day everytime would get old).

I love the position they just put Eli in.

No, he's not the audience avatar at all!