News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Stupid GPS tricks

The other day I was driving on the freeway, and my GPS felt the need to tell me "In 7.2 miles, stay on the current road." And every 2 miles thereafter it reminded me. Then, in the middle of the straightest, flattest stretch of the freeway it makes the stunning observation "Stay on the current road." NO SHIT! There's nowhere else to go! Anyone else have any obnoxious things their GPS has done?

Mine needs new maps, and in the city shops change location pretty frequently. Anytime i put in a search for a restaurant or store by name it usually results in a long drive and me getting lost. One time it kept sending me in an actual circle, it would tell me to get off at one exit, turn right then turn right until I was back where I started etc. Very irritating. Maybe one day I will update it, but I just keep finding something else to spend the 90 bucks on.

This I have to hear about.

There's a road in Ottawa that is separated by a cliff. The GPS map supposed to show it cut off and I'd have to drive around the cliff and continue on. Instead the GPS had it as one continuous road. If I was retarded, I'd have followed the directions and go off the cliff.

There's a road in Ottawa that is separated by a cliff. The GPS map supposed to show it cut off and I'd have to drive around the cliff and continue on. Instead the GPS had it as one continuous road. If I was retarded, I'd have followed the directions and go off the cliff.

Your GPS doesn't like you.