News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Tyralak

Software change to Vbulliten

As you all know, we've been considering a software change to Vbulliten. We have a test site up http://tb1.asvs.org We have gotten a lot of good response to the software, so we've decided to go ahead. It will likely be put off for another month however, due to personal finances. In the meantime, many of you expressed concerns about site loading times, clutter, etc. I will do my best to streamline the site in the interim. Starting with removing all the crap on the sidebars that nobody seems to use. Mr. Oragahn posted some of his concerns in this thread. If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them here.

i think this is a good idea, v-bulletin is a good bit of kit, and one of my favorite to interact with.

also i have been having zero problems with loading times and such.

i think this is a good idea, v-bulletin is a good bit of kit, and one of my favorite to interact with.

also i have been having zero problems with loading times and such.

At the get go I expressed severe concerns with vbulletin due to the nightmare that was started with 4.x.x However, after extensive use (dinking around, blowing it up etc) and recent updates I find it to be better off than it was (seriously who the fuck rewrites an ENTIRE template system so that they can be "special" and use vb tags? Seriously.)

Anyways those concerns that people have about the test bed I can alleviate a lot. The post bits aren't going to be THAT large. There are a few things that'll be in it (exp stuff), Awards should be like they are here below the signature, signatures will be given some TLC in forcing size limits so they dont scroll so large as some do here, and the avatars for all users will be a static size. The test vb is really just a cluster screw of everything I could find, thrown into a mix and pasted together. I'd never suggest using the default skin that i modified though *hums*

Well, the move to Vbulliten will be put off for a while due to finances. So, we addressed some concerns people had and simplified the layout. Plus we went with a different skin, which is now the default.