News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Vince

Slave 1 Firepower analysis

For those who don't watch the videos I have recreated some of Brian's work regarding Slave 1, asteroids and kilotons :). I'll post a link to the site with detail analysis later. If I can figure out how to to upload and paste pictures I'll post the analysis here too for ease of reference.

Preemptively I understand that many asteroids (some way smaller than the one I'm even talking about) were not vaporized or even melted, merely fragmented or split apart. This shows a disparity in firepower and not a contradiction, because the asteroid i refer is most explicitly superheated melted and probably vaporized, it was very large.. and very near the end of the chase...

This sorta does imply the shots we see at the beginning are a thousand times less powerful than the shots near the end (lol), and RoF didn't change so it ain't easy to explain...

I'm just looking at what the gun can do, at maximum power (and its impressive!)

Okay took this straight of a powerpoint, its very sloppy.

First draft, i'll figure out how to make it look better in the future.

For naysayers I perfumed an extremely conservative calc: the requirements to reduce just the upper centimeter of the asteroid white-hot... the result was single-digit tons in TNT terms, comparable to what some now imply the main guns of a Venator star-destroyer to be (at least indirectly) based on TCW atmospheric combat and comical comic book extracts. 

Realistically the asteroids mass was at least melted considering the luminosity (black body radiatioN) of the debris. We also see another asteroid in the same shots in the distance, several times the diameter of Obi's fighter as he flies past it, no more than 8 - 10 shots does a similar thing to that one, again requiring at least triple digit tons per shot. 

That's some good work. It's very easy to read and well laid out. The color scheme is nice as well.

• Like 1