News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
scvn2812

Google glass: an invention out of left field for televised scifi?

Interesting write up about how it works Its basically here, in the testing stages. A practical, wearable computer. Its hard to say if this is going to take off but my gut is telling me in ten years they'll be as ubiquitous as smart phones and tablets. The interesting thing is that while the iPhone sort of looks like a tricorder if you cross your eyes and PADDs so much like iPads you can almost bank on there being Trekkers at Apple, there's no clear, ubiquitous analogy to this in visual scifi. The pen and paper rpg Shadowrun, a mid-21st century cyberpunk / D&D mash up is probably the only thing that immediately comes to mind that saw this coming.

Interesting write up about how it works Its basically here, in the testing stages. A practical, wearable computer. Its hard to say if this is going to take off but my gut is telling me in ten years they'll be as ubiquitous as smart phones and tablets. The interesting thing is that while the iPhone sort of looks like a tricorder if you cross your eyes and PADDs so much like iPads you can almost bank on there being Trekkers at Apple, there's no clear, ubiquitous analogy to this in visual scifi. The pen and paper rpg Shadowrun, a mid-21st century cyberpunk / D&D mash up is probably the only thing that immediately comes to mind that saw this coming.

I'm very excited about this technology, and have actually been following it. Google comes up with some amazing out there ideas. However, although I'm sure there are some Trekkies at Apple, it's a well known fact that Picard uses Android.

39707895855757158934.jpg