News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
paul

Changes are afoot

Later this month (or next depending on their release schedule) the site will be offline for maintenance.

During this maintenance a lot of things will be changing and being updated. Along with adding a new portal to the front page (finally got D7 to play nice with IPB go me \o/) which will allow for story tellers to have easy links and areas of their own, and IPB will be updated to the latest release.

These changes include an entirely new text editor with auto saving, quick replies and quick quotings will be much more smooth and accurate as well, as well as if someone replies while you're posting the system will notify you. (Hey it could happen).

A new reputation like system will be introduced during this phase as well. It will allow for you too see who's liked what and so fourth right in the post instead of having to use the reputation history.

There will be some social changes as well including some addons to twitter and changes with facebook.

Like I said, this should be by the end of the month or early next depending on IPB's release schedule, and since I have to update multiple sites I figured meh I'll do them all in one shot hehe.