News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Grandtheftcow

Wii Price drop

Source

The second volley has officially been fired from one of Sony's competitors during its Tokyo Game Show 2009 liveblog with Nintendo officially unveiling the Wii price dropping to $199.99 in the US. The much rumored price drop goes into effect on Sunday, September 27 (that's this Sunday, folks), confirming reports from earlier today from a leaked Best Buy internal memo.

The official info from Nintendo doesn't comment on price drops anywhere else in the world or the rumored UK re-bundling. We'll follow up with Nintendo as TGS continues this week.

I have a basic rule that I won't bother buying a game system for more than $200, unfortunately it's the POS Wii. I bought one today anyway since the fiancee really liked playing Wii Boxing on the sports game. Plus Zellers has a deal on this week that if you buy an extra game with the system they'll knock off an extra $20.

According to the guy in home electronics I managed to grab the last one out of ten they started the day with.

Source

I have a basic rule that I won't bother buying a game system for more than $200, unfortunately it's the POS Wii. I bought one today anyway since the fiancee really liked playing Wii Boxing on the sports game. Plus Zellers has a deal on this week that if you buy an extra game with the system they'll knock off an extra $20.

According to the guy in home electronics I managed to grab the last one out of ten they started the day with.

I had a hard time finding one a year and a half ago when I bought mine. (I've since loaned it more or less permanently to the ex-wife) They've been in consistent short supply. Not sure if that's intentional or not. Got mine for $250. It's actually a decent system. A lot of good titles, and I was suprised at how well the controller performed. I got a refurbished Xbox360 with Halo 3 and a 20 GB HD for $180. That was a really good deal. The kids play it more than I do, though. I mostly got it so I could play Halo 3 with certain people. It was a good investment. grin.gif

Source

With the amount that they keeps selling month after month it was pretty generous of them to give a price drop.

I had the money to pick it up last year, but I couldn't find one. These consoles have been out for long already, I'm ready to just wait for the next generation of systems and pick up one of them at launch. Until then, I'll stick with my DS.