News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
Sign in to follow this  
Elagabalus

Finals

I had a small number of classes this semester due to budget cuts, and decided not to study for any of my finals.

Japanese 2: Probably got an F on the final, but it's cool. I'm taking the class on a credit/no-credit basis, so as long as I get a C, my GPA is unaffected. Before the final, I had about enough points to ensure that a 25% on the final would pass the class, so unless I did even worse than I think, I'm done with Japanese forever.

Physic(ish)s: Man, this class was a joke. All the final questions were taken directly from the (already pathetically simplistic) chapter tests. If I get anything lower than an A, I need to suicide myself in shame.

Biological Anthropology: Final's tonight, on the human fossil record and paleoanthropology. Now, I haven't read the book at all, so I hope the principle of osmosis will steer me straight! I've already got 115% in the class, so it shouldn't be a problem. The professor's allowing us to bring a full page of notes to use on the final, so this should be a cakewalk.

Next semester I'm taking History of the Americas I, History of the Americas II, Western Civ II, and Philosophy V (critical reasoning and dialectic), and then I've got my first degree (too bad it's just an AA).

I taught a small number of classes this semester due to budget cuts, and decided not to make any of my finals too hard.

Japanese 2: I curved my classes grades on the final, but it's cool. I'm teaching the class on a credit/no-credit basis, so as long as I don't give too many Ds, my education grants are unaffected. Before my finals, I had about enough smart students to ensure that 25% getting an A on the final would curve the class, so unless some of my students did even worse than I think, I'm done teaching Japanese forever.

Physic(ish)s: Man, this class was a joke. All the final questions I took directly from the (already pathetically simplistic) chapter tests. If any of my students got anything lower than an A, I need to suicide myself in shame.

Biological Anthropology: Final's tonight, on the human fossil record and paleoanthropology. Now, I haven't used the book at all, being its outdated & written confusingly, so I hope the principle of osmosis will steer my students straight! Alot of my students already got 115% in the class, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm allowing my students to bring a full page of notes to use on the final, so this should be a cakewalk for them.

Next semester I'm teaching History of the Americas I, History of the Americas II, Western Civ II, and Philosophy V (critical reasoning and dialectic), and then I'll finally get my tenure (too long overdue).

Fixed that for ya rev. smile.gif For accuracy. biggrin.gif